Sign in to follow this  
cavalier36

2008 Cobalt shown in superbowl ad??

14 posts in this topic

I think it looked white in the commercial if I remember correctly.. And, if so, Fly pegged it.

Edited by NOS2006

Yeah I saw that but you know the part with the HHR Panel Van getting custom stripes and they show a black grill, is that a Cobalt or Impala? looks to rounded to be either.

It is silver, but at a quick glance (like they gave it in the commercial), it looked white (kind of like "K-Fed").

Edited by NOS2006

Guest YellowJacket894

Yeah I saw that but you know the part with the HHR Panel Van getting custom stripes and they show a black grill, is that a Cobalt or Impala? looks to rounded to be either.

:withstupid:

I noticed that, too.

:withstupid:

I noticed that, too.

Isn't that the current Cobalt?

Posted Image

I think it's silver, and it's just the concept.

Even though it's only a custom one, I wouldn't be surprised if it isn't too far from the refreshed Balt'.

We know it's getting the Malibu nose...

The Silver widebody car you guys were talking about , the Cobalt 272 concept and few other concept Sema cobalts were in that commercial . No 2008 preview there ;)

I seriously do not think thats a hint to the refreshed nose either . When GM did the widebody cobalt in 2005 , they were likely in the middle of doing the 08 Malibu as well . The 2 teir grill on the widebody was likely used to guage reactions for the future corporate face ....an indirect preview of sorts . Look back at GM concepts and Sema cars , they do this kinda think alot .

Edited by silverss/sc

That doesn't mean that the Cobalt won't have a similar appearance. Although it's from a couple of years ago, this grill is in line with the new style Chevy vehicles are going to have. GM is looking to give all Chevy vehicles a family resemblance and giving the Cobalt this grill, will bring it in line with the new look seen on the Malibu and the Chevy Trucks.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this