Survey: Wealthy Buyers Give Top Marks to Cadillac

big blue

From Edmunds:

Survey: Wealthy Buyers Give Top Marks to Cadillac

NEW YORK — Cadillac beat out Lexus and Acura to win top honors in 2007 for the best customer experience in a new online poll of wealthy American consumers with a minimum household income of $150,000.

The Luxury Institute survey lauded the GM brand for "excellent" dealership experience and "friendly service." Lexus and Acura placed second and third.

The independent Luxury Institute describes itself as the "voice of the high-net-worth consumer."

What this means to you: Domestic luxury brands such as Cadillac are beginning to win over the fussiest — and wealthiest — buyers.

Click Here

I have to say, Cadillac has certainly taken care of me being a CTS owner. I get invites to 1 or 2 Cadillac sponsored cocktail parties each year, coupons for free car washes, free state inspections, holiday cards, phone calls.

They pay a LOT of attention to me.

I have to say, Cadillac has certainly taken care of me being a CTS owner. I get invites to 1 or 2 Cadillac sponsored cocktail parties each year, coupons for free car washes, free state inspections, holiday cards, phone calls.

They pay a LOT of attention to me.

Forget the cocktail parties, I want those free car wash/state inspection coupons! Holiday cards and phone calls too? Curious, what do they call you about? It's pretty amazing that Cadillac does all that for its customers....now I need a Cadillac. I know Acura doesn't do any of that, and many of its dealers are basically Honda dealers that won't give you a bat of the eye unless you look like $$$.

Edited by big blue

Wow, I'm amazed! Not for Cadillac coming in 1st, but for Acura coming in 3rd. Were there only 3 makes surveyed? Acura isn't known for the best dealer experience. It is more of a premium Honda dealer, they don't have any of the luxury frills or treatment that they should, and that is one small part of what's holding them back.

Wow, I'm amazed! Not for Cadillac coming in 1st, but for Acura coming in 3rd. Were there only 3 makes surveyed? Acura isn't known for the best dealer experience. It is more of a premium Honda dealer, they don't have any of the luxury frills or treatment that they should, and that is one small part of what's holding them back.

Their cars are pretty damn reliable, so I doubt the people that own them have to deal with dealers often, save oil changes and the like.

I went to an Acura dealership, and they were very professional. It wasn't pampering or anything, but was 'professional' in that businesslike way, and I'm sure that's what most people who earn those salary's are used to, and probably even prefer.

Edited by Captainbooyah

Forget the cocktail parties, I want those free car wash/state inspection coupons! Holiday cards and phone calls too? Curious, what do they call you about? It's pretty amazing that Cadillac does all that for its customers....now I need a Cadillac. I know Acura doesn't do any of that, and many of its dealers are basically Honda dealers that won't give you a bat of the eye unless you look like $$$.

I get a holiday card every year.

About every 4-6 months or any time they get something new, either my salesman or the GM of the dealership I bought from will call me and invite me in to look at some new model or take a test drive of something. They always ask how I like my car and if I need anything. If I ever bring it in for service, my salesman is sure to stop by if he's not with a customer, he knows ahead of time that I'm coming in if I've made an appointment. They usually offer to send another Cadillac down for me to use for the day or one to take with me for a few hours if I want to go out shopping somewhere else. They'll do pickup service even though I'm a good 17 miles from the dealer. <minors annoyance, the old guy that does the pickups insists he needs a 1/2 tank of gas or he won't take the car>

I get the free state inspections without a coupon. I just have to take it there and they hook me up. They send me coupons for free car washes, but I don't really need them. Any time I go in to check things out they take my keys and wash the car. Sometimes I stop buy just to get shmoozed, eat a free doughnut, and get a free car wash.

Here's the touch I like the most it's that bit extra that makes me praise them so highly.... I have Cadillac branded napkins and mints that they give me. I keep them in the car.

The cocktail parties are formal affairs. They're usually held at the Crown Plaza north of the city or inside Heinz field. They'll have a jazz band of some type, free drinks, fancy horederves and you mingle among the Cadillacs parked in the room. There are tuxedo clad salesmen around who will tell you about the cars but don't pressure you to buy anything at all. They're there for information purposes and to hand out business cards if you're really interested.

My dealership experience has really been top notch. My only regret is that I'm not sure my next car will be a Cadillac <thinking G8 instead of CTS>.

Edited by Oldsmoboi

Their cars are pretty damn reliable, so I doubt the people that own them have to deal with dealers often, save oil changes and the like.

I went to an Acura dealership, and they were very professional. It wasn't pampering or anything, but was 'professional' in that businesslike way, and I'm sure that's what most people who earn those salary's are used to, and probably even prefer.

My CTS has only had 1 warranty repair*, but I still hear from my Cadillac dealership plenty.

*so far, my near accident a few months ago appears to have damaged the suspension. I've only driven the car about 300 miles since Thanksgiving, so it hasn't been a huge priority.

Nothing wrong with a G8 over a CTS. Both are worthy competitors..personally I'm not even sure what I'd pick anymore. That G8 is very appealing on paper, but I think I prefer the CTS's styling. The G8's tails bother me slightly..but that G8 front end is so nice.

That was pretty Grey's Anatomy of you Croc, but it did make me laugh since I saw that ep a week or two ago..

Nothing wrong with a G8 over a CTS. Both are worthy competitors..personally I'm not even sure what I'd pick anymore. That G8 is very appealing on paper, but I think I prefer the CTS's styling. The G8's tails bother me slightly..but that G8 front end is so nice.

That was pretty Grey's Anatomy of you Croc, but it did make me laugh since I saw that ep a week or two ago..

Honestly, I'd have to study both the G8 and CTS closely and test drive each...all things being equal, I find both cars attractive and interesting...can't wait to see both in person..

ok, can someone tell me this and i'm probably gonna sound retarded but...

how does one really rate "best customer experience" if say you bought a lexus and all you did was go to a lexus dealer and had never went to a cadillac or acura for svc? i mean how would you know that they are getting better customer experience then where you are at? and also, isnt there going to be a biased answer on surveys like this anyways?! sure cadillac is number one, but do you suppose its number one cause it sells more cadillacs than lexus and therefore you will get more of an approval ratings?

i dunno.... someone help me here and dont trash me..HA! cause trust me, i am a true cadillac fan myself. i just need assurance! LOL. :scratchchin:

It is more of a premium Honda dealer, they don't have any of the luxury frills or treatment that they should, and that is one small part of what's holding them back.

I think what is really holding them back is that their cars are nothing more than

Hondas with slightly better styling and standard leather seating. Acuras are

almost in every case just rebadges & dressed up economy cars with small V6s

and over rated 4-bangers with FWD.

FWD is quickly becoming a joke in the Luxury car game. RWD is acceptable and

REAR-biased AWD is where it's at.

The whole SH-AWD never caught on because like most things Honda it's 90%

marketing and 10% real world benefit.

Edited by Sixty8panther

Dude...you're seriously thinking G8 over CTS? Seriously? Not to go all Grey's Anatomy on you but...seriously??

The new look has left me cold. I might wait it out to see what the CTS coupe looks like. I liked the photochops a lot, so if Cadillac comes close, I'll go that route. Depending on timing, I might buy a G8 once my CTS lease is up next year and then trade it on a CTS coupe once it's available.

Edited by Oldsmoboi

ok, can someone tell me this and i'm probably gonna sound retarded but...

how does one really rate "best customer experience" if say you bought a lexus and all you did was go to a lexus dealer and had never went to a cadillac or acura for svc? i mean how would you know that they are getting better customer experience then where you are at? and also, isnt there going to be a biased answer on surveys like this anyways?! sure cadillac is number one, but do you suppose its number one cause it sells more cadillacs than lexus and therefore you will get more of an approval ratings?

i dunno.... someone help me here and dont trash me..HA! cause trust me, i am a true cadillac fan myself. i just need assurance! LOL. :scratchchin:

Take a statistics class first.

I think what is really holding them back is that their cars are nothing more than

Hondas with slightly better styling and standard leather seating. Acuras are

almost in every case just rebadges & dressed up economy cars with small V6s

and over rated 4-bangers with FWD.

You want to know what's funny? A $42,200 FWD sedan with a 4 speed automatic transmission and 4.6L 275hp engine that requires premium fuel.

FWD is quickly becoming a joke in the Luxury car game. RWD is acceptable and

REAR-biased AWD is where it's at.

The whole SH-AWD never caught on because like most things Honda it's 90%

marketing and 10% real world benefit.

Which is why Acura is moving to AWD on all of their cars (over half way there). Honda doesn't advertise the &#036;h&#33; out of AWD like Audi, Subaru, and everyone else with an AWD option does. Maybe they are waiting until their whole lineup is AWD before they start marketing it. I suspect the next NSX with V10 and rear-biased SH-AWD may give the system more attention, because as of right now they've only put it on a large heavy sedan and SUV's.

How does it not have a real world benefit? I can't seem to find the videos, but they did a roller test with an MDX, an Audi, and another AWD car. The MDX was able to climb a hill even when one front and one rear wheel were both on rollers (on opposing sides). The wheels that were on rollers didn't even spin. The system instantly detected which wheels didn't have grip and transferred power to the two that did. The Audi couldn't move when both its back wheels were on rollers, they just sat there and spun, while the fronts did nothing.

Edited by siegen

My biggest complaint about Cadillac is the dealerships are so bad in my area. The closest one is paired up with a Buick dealership. I swear the senior citizens keep those Buicks for like 20 years. Its such a pain going in there for anything because the Buick owners are so deaf, they are like, "speak up sonny I cant hear you" and it takes the service guys forever just to communicate with them.

I wish Buick would just go away or get their own stand alone dealerships!