2007 GMC YUKON XL DENALI

Date in fleet: March 7-14

Base price: $51,085

As tested: $58,020

Drivetrain: 6.2-liter V8; awd, six-speed automatic

Output: 380 hp @ 5500 rpm, 417 lb-ft @ 4400 rpm

Curb weight: 6038 lbs.

Fuel economy (observed): 16.55 mpg

Options: Navigation, AM/FM stereo, MP3 compatible CD/DVD player ($2,250); 20-inch chrome aluminum wheels ($1,995); rear-seat entertainment system ($1,295); sunroof ($995); rearview camera system ($250); heated steering wheel ($150)

What an enormous vehicle. I say this not based on the curb weight or exterior dimensions, but because I managed to put a set of four 35-inch tires in the back and all I had to do was fold the third row of seats up. There was no special way to pack the tires in to make them fit. I simply picked up each tire and set it inside the SUV. The kicker is I still had room for more cargo. Not another tire, but there was plenty of extra room back there.

Posted Image

Link: http://www.autoweek.com/apps/pbcs.dll/arti...12016/1528/FREE

There was a white '07 Yukon Denali parked at the nearby Target/Wegman's this past weekend and I thought it really stood out (in a good way). I agree with Captainbooyah that these do look better in person than in pictures; although I would rather have the new Sierra's frontend instead.

Got 28K miles on mine...exact same truck. Besides some computer re-flashes (I am told this thing has over a dozen on board computers), it has been rock solid. Get between 16-17 mpg average.

Very good, and sounds like you've been doing some pretty extensive driving!

Actually, on the mpg account, it's interesting to note how not all but a lot of people with 6.2L 6-speed Denalis and Escalades are having an easier time getting higher numbers than some others with Tahoe/Yukon 5.3L's. Likely because the added power allows it to simply loaf along easier and the 6-speed gives it a better range to choose from, and even more interesting because the 6.2L is still AFM'less.

In contrast, in the typical '07 Tahoe/Yukon/Suburban, etc. crowd, it seems to be a 50/50 chance whether you'll get 10 mpg or be lucky enough to actually get into the higher teens and around 20, all with the more common 5.3L and 4-speed.

That said, these trucks are just SO improved in almost every way over the last gen (which we still own), it's hard to fathom how the last gen trucks ever sold with similar pricetags. Very, very impressive, though still lacking big time in regards--at least for a lot of owners--to 3rd seat matters, whether it be the lack of people space back there or still having to lug them in and out like it's 1980.

Edited by caddycruiser

• 1 month later...

AT A GLANCE:

2007 GMC YUKON XL DENALI

Date in fleet: March 7-14

Base price: $51,085

As tested: $58,020

Drivetrain: 6.2-liter V8; awd, six-speed automatic

Output: 380 hp @ 5500 rpm, 417 lb-ft @ 4400 rpm

Curb weight: 6038 lbs.

Fuel economy (observed): 16.55 mpg

Options: Navigation, AM/FM stereo, MP3 compatible CD/DVD player ($2,250); 20-inch chrome aluminum wheels ($1,995); rear-seat entertainment system ($1,295); sunroof ($995); rearview camera system ($250); heated steering wheel ($150)

What an enormous vehicle. I say this not based on the curb weight or exterior dimensions, but because I managed to put a set of four 35-inch tires in the back and all I had to do was fold the third row of seats up. There was no special way to pack the tires in to make them fit. I simply picked up each tire and set it inside the SUV. The kicker is I still had room for more cargo. Not another tire, but there was plenty of extra room back there.

Posted Image

Link: http://www.autoweek.com/apps/pbcs.dll/arti...12016/1528/FREE

That is one mean thing I tell you... For sure... Could only dream of owning one, not even in the near future... This proves to be yet another phenomenal accomplishment of GMC cars and, in particular, innovation and supremacy of gmc yukon parts. :pbjtime: :AH-HA_wink:

• 4 months later...

I also have an 07 Denali built March 2007 and was wondering if anyone else has noticed the 6 speed transmission seems to have a slight hesitation when starting off from a stop? Its almost as if the line pressure isnt high enough and the transmission doesnt engage for a second or two then I feel bit of a thump. Apparently in the Escalade this doesnt occur because the programming is different. Anyone else feel this? :scratchchin: