What Do You Think...?

Guest YellowJacket894

Yours is 2WD, right?

Yes to everything except the chrome grille. I prefer the body-color one with billet or mesh inserts. And hoperfuly there's an LS1 transplant planned sometime.

I have the truck bug again, fueled by my desire to carry both bikes and passengers at the same time. If I had the space, an S10 just like yours would be in my stable.

Guest YellowJacket894

Yep, Z, it's a two-wheeler. :):P

I wanted a body-colored grille at the start, but I do like how the chrome works with the gold Bowtie and the clear parking lights -- really makes the front of the truck stand out against the dark blue paint. I'm pretty sure that that's the route I'm going to take with the front of the truck, just like in the photo. (Of course, if I can get lucky at the junkyard and find a Indigo Blue Metallic Xtreme, I'm kicking the chrome to the curb. :P)

I really like to drive the truck now. At first, I hated the five-speed, but, damn, it makes the truck less ... well, like a truck and gives it a little more soul.

Edited by YellowJacket894

Guest YellowJacket894

Mr. Jacket, everything sounds good to me... except...I think I'd get those cool, stainless "Speed Grilles" that snap into your current grille. Have you seen those?

Sure have, considered them, too. But ... have you seen my current grille? :P:nono:

No sir, I have not been all up in yo grille. :AH-HA_wink:

True Dat, but if he trick out that tight whip all the Bitches'll be blowin' up his celly, A'ight.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest YellowJacket894

When I can figure out how to get them off of my phone, you got it ... :P

Getting the old grille off is a pure bitch. There are eight retaining clips that hold the grille in and, for the ones you can't pop out with a flathead screwdriver, you have to pull on the grille constantly to remove them. Luckily, removing the headlamps to get to the other clips wasn't as much as a pain in the ass as removing the grille was -- the headlamps are just held in place by two plastic clips per each lamp (which means two sets of hi-intensity bulbs are now on my to-buy list, now that I know I can put the new bulbs in myself).

Oh yeah, before I forget, I found a nice suprise in my radiator after I removed the old grille...

Posted Image

See the hole in the lower right hand corner of the old grille in that photo? Well, when my dad had this truck as a daily driver, a low-flying bird flew into the grille. Well, we found the charred and decayed remains yesterday while cleaning out the crap that's gotten stuck in the radiator.

Next up: the taillamps. (By the way, Brandon, I have no clue who makes the LED lamps I want. I think I have an idea, though ... I'm thinking it's Styling Concepts.)

Also, I'm thinking about installing projector-style headlamps on the S-10 sometime soon, if I can find another style other than what you see in LMC Truck, etc.

Edited by YellowJacket894