So, Pontiac Custom-S...

Did a Holden, like, run over your dog? Did a Monaro sleep with your wife? Maybe a Commodore ate your last M&M?

:pbjtime::pbjtime::pbjtime::pbjtime: :AH-HA_wink:

No Sir, I have had the non-pleasure of having to had work with many of them there (I'm not speaking of line workers). It's not something that I would wish on my own worst enemy, if I had one. I have found they don't like being controled by GM and suffer from what Saturn use to suffer from, "they actually think they are a car company in their own right", just like Saturn use to think it was.

I report up though Opel, therefore I favor them over Holden. Also have you noticed Europe is not getting a Zeta? Hmmmm I wonder why? Could it be that Carl-Peter Forster does not like Holden either? He will be the new Lutz soon enough, then Holden will be a non-issue for me.

On a side note, I enjoy these forums more than any others I am subscribed to. This is heaven, compared to some others I could mention, but I won't. :smilewide:

Edited: I don't consider the UK, Europe!

Edited by Pontiac Custom-S

From what I've seen in the British enthusiast press in particular, Vauxhall/Opel doesn't get the most glowing product reviews in comparison tests, but I guess they're improving a bit. On the other hand, everything I've read (except for the Pontiac rebadge controversy) about VE/Zeta has been positively glowing.

Is Opel the engineering center for Delta II? Where is Epsilon II being engineered? Is Gamma a GMDAT project? What car engineering projects are being worked on here in the US? Has GM farmed out all car engineering from the US, leaving us with trucks only?

Perhaps I need an education, because I am not familiar with Opel's "greatness". I am more apt to welcome vehicles engineered (not styled) by Holden, based on what I've seen, at least for larger cars. And larger cars are what Americans love most, historically.

Delta and Epsilon are important projects for US consumption, but we also desperately need Zeta, in many variations... 2.8L turbo V6, diesel, hybrid, 3.6L and V8... any and all Zeta vehicles are most welcome.

The independent spirit at Holden has given the world a great vehicle platform that will be a success in so many areas of the globe. GM is better for that.

I think Pontiac-Custom-S doesn't have issues with the engineering of the Holdens themselves.... just with the people who are doing the engineering.

Sounds more like his issues are with the management at Holden. The suits.

Edited by moltar

Is Opel the engineering center for Delta II? Where is Epsilon II being engineered? Is Gamma a GMDAT project? What car engineering projects are being worked on here in the US? Has GM farmed out all car engineering from the US, leaving us with trucks only?

From what I've read in various articles, it sounds like compact FWD engineering will be primarily GM Daewoo, Opel for midsize (Epsilon II), Holden for RWD (Zeta), and NA for trucks, SUVs, large crossovers, and models like the Solstice/Sky, Corvette and NA Cadillacs... then China fits in the picture somewhere with Buicks and some Cadillacs.

Edited by moltar

I think China is just re-engineering other continent's designs for Chinese tastes....... sadly they end up being better than the originals.

Yes, so I hear...speaking of GM in China, one of my coworkers left today for a vacation in Shainghai and Hong Kong..I asked him to take pics for me of any Cadillacs and Buicks he sees there..

I don't have a former/present/future gay anything. Holden is just my Bitch who I like to slap around! :smilewide:
you mean... not counting the gay hair?
I don't know what gay hair is? What do you mean by that, remember English is not my 1st language of choice, German is.
Oh... you're european.... I guess that explains it then...
Explains what?
why my gaydar went off.....

it's usually fairly accurate on Americans, but can be confused if used on a European.

I'm confused by your whole conversation, but you must get that alot? :smilewide:

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

I'm surprised that y'all care so much about me. I'm just a man, nothing special. I put my pants on one leg at a time, just like y'all do. That is if y'all do wear pants, I'm not quite sure! :smilewide:

the difference is... once he gets his pants on, he makes gold records.

Posted Image