Kia

HarleyEarl

Posted Image
KiaKCV-III Concept

Kia Considers Adding Inexpensive Roadster to U.S. Lineup
Date Posted 09-28-2005

KIRKLAND, Wash. — Peter Butterfield, president and CEO of Kia Motors America, is pushing the Korean manufacturer to add a stripped-down, sub-$20,000 two-seat convertible to its U.S. lineup to evoke a sporty brand image.

Butterfield told WardsAuto.com that the car would be "very, very stripped. No carpets; maybe rollup windows, if you had windows at all; really light; fun to drive; doesn't even have a radio; without an electric top." It would be a car that buyers could accessorize, he said.

Kia showed a small concept roadster, the KCV III, at the 2004 Detroit Auto Show.

Butterfield said no program to produce such a vehicle has been approved. But Kia has said it wants to double its U.S. portfolio to 12 vehicles by 2010.

What this means to you: Everybody wants brand recognition but so few have it. This is the key to Kia's success in the U.S.
(InsideLine)

For what it is, I don;t think it looks all that bad. Even if you hate the funky/cute styling you have to admit it looks better than the Honda Cappucino/Beat.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I think the Honda has ZERO sense of style or design direction... look at those wheel wells, the headlights, horrific off-road stance and the pseudo-Mustang-esque side scoop. :puke: The Beat /Cappucino makes the Miata look like a E-type Jag or a '57 Vette. IMHO. The Kia has more style and looks like a French Kappa car.

Looking like a French Kappa car is good? Have you seen what the french have been making lately? Pure crap. Renault and Peugeot make very ugly cars. I don't care who says they're beautiful, they're not to me. This car combines all the bad design cues of several different automakers and wraps it in a tiny package. Too tiny for most people.

It's different, and that in an of itself is a lot better than blending in. I think the styling fits the car's character.... Not everything the French are doing is ugly:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I agree about the French doing some good design....sometimes their cars can appear odd..because they tend to stretch the envelope more than most. French design is rarely bland or boring....often polarized opinions result.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Edited by HarleyEarl

Yup, they have some really ugly ones but there's a few gems too.

Those crazy Posted Image

That Yellow Honda is old, and shouldn't be compared to newer cars. The Kia has an ok body design, but the headlights are the worst I've ever seen, I honestly wouldn't be caught dead driving it (and would rather drive the Yellow Honda than that thing).

Sixty8... You're so stupid. :P The Cappucino is a Suzuki, not a Honda. Anyways, yes, the Beat looks like shit. It's old, though, so you can't judge just by that. As for the Suzuki... I love the looks of it. It's a cool little thing. Compared to the Kia, it looks better, but the Kia looks better than the Honda. Only because it's newer. It's just a mix of cars put all into one. Ugly... Ugh...

Suzuki, Honda they're not that much different. All shitboxes with crappy design, recycled Pepsi cans for body panels and nasty detailing. Just LOOK that that Yellow ugly little crapbox. I don't care WAHT era it came out of it looks hideous. I've seen horse $hit that looked much more appealing. It's like a really pathetic, drunk, braindeda Pinninfarina designer Zombie drew a cartoon car wiht a crayon on the bathroom wall and Honda went ahead and copied it to the millimeter. Look at the disjopinted wheel wells and the horrific lights. Those Pseudo Mustang scoops are just beyond tacky and the rims on the first one would look at home on a Lego set. The SUZUKI Cappucino is better but not much.