Spy Shots of the Corvette SS?

Its the SS

The brakes and front fenders give it away even without the hood picture.

As for the hood I have to see it closed to see how it lookes. It looks like they want to copy the Ferrari 430 and Ford GT with a window But on the front of the car?

From what I can find here is what is good for info.

The name is SS and locked in per GM paperwork.

The HP is 650 HP and it is under rated.

The engine name as we have know is LS9 6.2 and supercharged

It will have a MTX Tranny with Ratios: 1st 2.29, 2nd 1.63, 3rd 1.21, 4th 1.00, 5th 0.81, 6th 0.67 rev 3.15 rear gear 3.42

The rear also will be electric limited rear that will show up in the other RWD cars

A new traction control/stability control system is coming that exceeds anything we have ever seen.

Tires I have seen 335/25R/20 and 225/20R22, not sure on these so we will just have to wait.

The roof of the car is carbon fiber.

First Validation non sellable car build date Oct 07 First Validation Sellable car is expected late DEC 07 and first producton car start in Jan 08 if all goes as planned

Somebody SHOULD get fired! I have never, and will ever take pictures of anything where I work. I have too much respect for what I do. What happened to the code of ethics and adhering to the GM security policy? This person obviously has blatant disregard for everything I just mentioned.

Edited by RJB

Just a controlled leak IMO.

I am thinking the same. Info is getting out on the car at nearly the same time the pictures show up.

We sure don't see any Impala pictures do we?????

Besides the blurry pictures and wrong wheels all we have is the clear hood dome. I think there is a little more to come we have not been shown

Edited by hyperv6

I am thinking the same. Info is getting out on the car at nearly the same time the pictures show up.

We sure don't see any Impala pictures do we?????

Besides the blurry pictures and wrong wheels all we have is the clear hood dome. I think there is a little more to come we have not been shown

I think they're hyping it, as if a 600hp Corvette would need hyping :lol: Edited by ZL-1

• 1 month later...

The HP is 650 HP and it is under rated.

The rear also will be electric limited rear that will show up in the other RWD cars

A new traction control/stability control system is coming that exceeds anything we have ever seen.

I have also heard the first and third thing listed above.

On the second thing, do you mean an electronic limited slip?

I have also heard the first and third thing listed above.

On the second thing, do you mean an electronic limited slip?

From what I have heard yes. It is similar to what is found in the trucks at present but tuned for a perfomance car.

The bottom line is GM did not just dump a big engine in the car and let it go at that. GM is tring to show case new technology and make this car perform and few other cars have ever performed.

The Chevy like price for this car will seen as a true bargin world wide even at starting at six figures.

Just wait till much of this technology filters down into the Cadillacs, Pontiacs, etc.

• 3 weeks later...

wouldn't it make more sense to have the 22" wheels in the back and the 20" ones in the front? just asking...

It makes more sense to have bigger brakes in the front. I just think it'll look awkward with bigger wheels in the front.

FWIW, the front brakes do about 65-70% of the braking and the rears do about 30-35%.