Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Oracle of Delphi

Toyota - This Is Our Country?

13 posts in this topic

I found this on Youtube earlier tonight. Can you say RipOff?

Link:

Edited by Pontiac Custom-S

Haha, I thought it was sort of funny. And sadly, it is partly true. Though GM still employs more Americans and has more factories located here than Toyota, the latter's manufacturing facilities in America are more in line with modern American factories, i.e. non-unionized, decent to above average wages, reduced benefits (compared with factories of yesteryear), and foreign owned.

With that, I think "We're a prime example of today's manufacturing in YOUR country" is better suited than "This is our country." Except it doesn't sound as pleasant to the ears.

lol. Sadness is more like it.

It’s pathetic that 1.) They ripped off the Chevy Silverado commercials by using the same song, and 2.) They are trying t pose as an American company when they are, and always will be Japanese.

Just read a comment on there saying "Toyotas are for homosapiens and GM, Ford and Chrysler vehicles are for rednecks", which is funny because whenever I see someone driving a Toyota, I don't think "homosapien", I think "pretentious asswipe"...especially when they're driving a bleeding Prius.

Probably made by some clueless tools that think F&F 2 is off da hook.

Just read a comment on there saying "Toyotas are for homosapiens and GM, Ford and Chrysler vehicles are for rednecks", which is funny because whenever I see someone driving a Toyota, I don't think "homosapien", I think "pretentious asswipe"...especially when they're driving a bleeding Prius.

Oh, I left reply to that one :AH-HA_wink:

Yeah, I didn't quite get the homosapians/rednecks comment. Apparently, Toyotas are for people who lack the ability to make valid comparisons and analogies...

Reminds me of a shirt I saw someone wearing when I was eating a Butterburger at Culver's. On the back of the shirt there was a Solara and above it, it read, and I quote, "American designed and built."

It was sad and infuriating to look at, to say the least.

Apparently, "rednecks" aren't human. According to that asshole, rednecks are sub-human.

Not that I'm a redneck or anything, but I don't go around and classify them as different than human.

I don't think Toyota has anything to do with that commercial. More likely some very loyal Toyota fan taunting GM and their fans and getting a kick out of it. Personally I hate that commercial. I think GM needs a much more aggressive ad that directly compare their products with Toyotas.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0