Flybrian

Anyone have Lincoln Continental experience?

14 posts in this topic

Should have a Modular engine, which aren't Northstar-bad to work on, but like any other FWD V8, it'll be cramped underhood. Cant hurt to take a look, wouldn't be a bad 3rd car/cruiser, although fairly redundant considering what occupied your driveway right now.

Ha. Redundancy is my middle name. I'm all about redundancy and redundancy is part of who I am. I'm redundant. And that's okay, because I'm redundant. Our next car would be a large sedan anyway.

I have to say, a friend of mine had one of those when I was in college... and I loved riding in it. I never drove it though.

Air suspension for that generation is problematic and very expensive to repair/replace. It was standard on the 1995... not sure for the 1996.

Lincoln's R.E.S.C.U. emergency response service has been dropped. According to Enzl and others you should be able to sue Ford for the value of this used vehicle because the service is no longer available as an option. :rolleyes:

honestly though... if it's been taken care of, it will be a very nice vehicle. I always liked the Lincoln Contempra concept, and was very impressed with the production car that came from it. Had I been in this market back in 1995, I would have easily picked the Continental over the Seville or the recently debuted Acura 3.5 RL. However, I wouldn't have picked it over an Infiniti J30t.

By the time I entered this market, Lincoln gave the Continental that ugly Jaguar-esque treatment and ruined the beauty of this car. (Jaguars aren't ugly, but Lincolns with face-lifted jaguar looks are.)

oops... just read the description... Those air struts are expensive (see original post.) I'd pass on this one.

Once in a while one of these appears on our service department lot dropped to the ground, no suspension travel, due to broken air springs. Customers who have (apparently) not had this happen make comments on how much they love ther Connies. Edited by ocnblu

Stay the hell away... that's my suggestion. These cars are money pits.

Insurance is too much. Seats in BAD shape. And I already have a superior vehicle in my driveway. Nevermind.

fixed

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor