Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

Happy Father's Day to all the daddies at C&G!!!

HAPPY FATHER'S DAY to all of the fathers at C&G. And a special "shout-out" to the father of C&G, Walt Keegan. Without your "child", many of us would have to rely on that other site for all of our latest GM news. :rolleyes: And we might as well recognize the "Big Daddy" of the place, FlyBrian, for always keeping us informed and behaved. :cheers: to both of you!

Here I am with my pride and joy...

Posted Image

And in a few hours I'll begin the day's celebration with breakfast (not sure if the wife's cooking something special or if the kids are taking me out). Hope all the fathers here enjoy their day!!!

Edited by GMTruckGuy74

This is the first Fathers Day without my dad. He died June 7th after a short bout with liver cancer. Its going to seem funny to not have him here. Enough about that. Have a good Fathers Day dads.

This is the first Fathers Day without my dad. He died June 7th after a short bout with liver cancer. Its going to seem funny to not have him here. Enough about that. Have a good Fathers Day dads.

I'm with you, having lost mine back in October, also to cancer.

It is strange to realize how many "firsts" come your way in this context. Remember him well today.

My dad decided to have a cookout at his place this year. He's doing everything. At first I was dismayed, but then I sat back and thought... it's Father's Day, he can do whatever he wants. So, my brother, his gf and I will be heading over there this afternoon, hoping my grandfather (dad's dad, my last remaining grandparent at age 90) is there as well.

Have a good one, all.

My dad got out of the hospital yesterday from getting his gall bladder removed. I spoke to him today. He seemed alright, but his whole system's out of whack because he hasn't had much to eat for the past week... That, and the whole removal procedure, too. I'll be down next weekend to visit both him and my mother for the first time since their respective days.

In other news -- and consider this your formal announcement -- I have been wished a Happy Fathers' Day several times today, for the first time in my life. My wife has a baby boy on the way, ETA October 16.

I have been wished a Happy Fathers' Day several times today, for the first time in my life. My wife has a baby boy on the way, ETA October 16.

WOW! Cool, 4A. Life just keeps moving, doesn't it? I lost touch with my best childhood friend for about 4 years who was living in Sacramento and he now has a 1-1/2 year old from having remarried.

Please don't put down aaaalbert or aaaalaaaan or aaaadaaaam on his birth certificate, ok? :lol:

Edited by trinacriabob

I'm a little late to the party. I want to wish all the Dad's here a Happy Father's Day. You all had sex, and it worked, so congratulations on your successful sperm!

I spent Father's Day with my kids hiking in the mountains. It was a great day. I hope everyone else had a great day as well.