Last Olds with a manual?

Alero but only with the 4cyl as others have mentioned...

My favorite un-known Olds stick had to be the 1988 Olds Cutlass International Series with the 5M..

98 Regency - you have a high res picture of that Toro??? That looks like a ringer to my old one...

Yup... now how about the last RWD Oldsmobile with a clutch?

I'm guessing late 1970s?

Alero but only with the 4cyl as others have mentioned...

My favorite un-known Olds stick had to be the 1988 Olds Cutlass International Series with the 5M..

98 Regency - you have a high res picture of that Toro??? That looks like a ringer to my old one...

Go here:

http://encyclopedia.classicoldsmobile.com/...ds/91trofeo.jpg

Yup... now how about the last RWD Oldsmobile with a clutch?

I'm guessing late 1970s?

You are close. The Starfire Firenza which was replaced by the front wheel drive J Body Firenza was rear wheel drive. It was small sports coupe.

Posted Image

You are close. The Starfire Firenza which was replaced by the front wheel drive J Body Firenza was rear wheel drive. It was small sports coupe.

What was the last year for the Cutlass Supreme/Salon being offered with a stick? I know it was offered in 1979 and/or 1980.

I remember in the mid-1990s, Ward's listed a stick-shift Oldsmobile Silhouette being produced (actually, they reported that FIVE were built). I'm sure it was a typo.

• 4 weeks later...

I remember 76 and 77 Cutlasses and 442's having the 260 with a 5 speed. Got pretty good gas mileage back in the day for a "big" car.

I had a 78 Cutlass with the 260. What a DOG. When was the last 3 on the tree offered. I seem to remember a old guy with either a Buick or Olds ( Apollo-Omega> ) around 78-80 maybe

As far as I can recall, only the 2-door Blazers and Jimmys had the 5-speed manual trans as an option - and not many dealers stocked manuals in (the dealer I had worked for never had any 2-doors with the manuals, during '99-'00). All 4-doors had the auto standard; this would include the Bravada too.

As far as I can recall, only the 2-door Blazers and Jimmys had the 5-speed manual trans as an option - and not many dealers stocked manuals in (the dealer I had worked for never had any 2-doors with the manuals, during '99-'00). All 4-doors had the auto standard; this would include the Bravada too.

Funny you mention that...I saw a 4dr 2nd gen ('94-?) S Blazer or Jimmy with a stick yesterday.... it was in a parking lot, the passenger door was open and I was about 20 feet away and could clearly see a stick shift on the center console...thought it was odd to see one of those w/ a manual.

Edited by moltar

Guest YellowJacket894

Funny you mention that...I saw a 4dr 2nd gen ('94-?) S Blazer or Jimmy with a stick yesterday.... it was in a parking lot, the passenger door was open and I was about 20 feet away and could clearly see a stick shift on the center console...thought it was odd to see one of those w/ a manual.

Special order maybe?

I'm not wild about most four-door SUVs, but that actually sounds like it could be a fun drive somehow.

Special order maybe?

I'm not wild about most four-door SUVs, but that actually sounds like it could be a fun drive somehow.

I don't know...I know Ford made some 4dr Explorers in the '90s with a manual...I had a friend that had one.

I'd love to have a Grand Cherokee with a manual...

The lack of a manual shift is one reason I won't buy an SUV. I think that the Element and the Wrangler are the only two SUV's with manual shift option available.

Chris