Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

Super Bock Super Rock

ZL-1

Last night's Metallica show here in Lisbon was very, very good! Those guys seem to have plenty of energy left in them and if the setlist is any indication of where they got or are getting inspiration for their new album, then let me tell you it is promising: apart from Reload's The Memory Remains, everything they pleyed was from the 1983-1991 period. Needless to say, but my voice is completely f#cked up today :lol:

Here's the setlist:

Creeping Death

For Whom The Bell Tolls

Rid The Lightning

Disposable Heroes

The Unforgiven

...And Justice For All

The Memory Remains

The Four Horsemen

Orion

Fade To Black

Master of Puppets

Battery

- - - -

Sad But True

Nothing Else Matters

One

Enter Sandman

- - - -

Am I Evil?

Seek and Destroy

:metal::metal::metal:

Last night's Metallica show here in Lisbon was very, very good! Those guys seem to have plenty of energy left in them and if the setlist is any indication of where they got or are getting inspiration for their new album, then let me tell you it is promising: apart from Reload's The Memory Remains, everything they pleyed was from the 1983-1991 period. Needless to say, but my voice is completely f#cked up today :lol:

Here's the setlist:

Creeping Death

For Whom The Bell Tolls

Rid The Lightning

Disposable Heroes

The Unforgiven

...And Justice For All

The Memory Remains

The Four Horsemen

Orion

Fade To Black

Master of Puppets

Battery

- - - -

Sad But True

Nothing Else Matters

One

Enter Sandman

- - - -

Am I Evil?

Seek and Destroy

:metal::metal::metal:

Wow, I'd of loved to hear them sing all those songs in Portuguese. :P

That's a great set list! I can't wait to here the new stuff.

They played 'The Other New Song' last night in Bilbao, Spain. That's the Kill'em All -ish song they played in Asia last year. I have to try and find it in YouYube.

Awesome! Glad to hear they played mostly off the first five albums...they have a few good tunes on later ones but lots of filler too. Does James still have that goat beard (I wish he'd get rid of that)?

Here is the set list they played in 2004:

August 30, 2004: Ames, Iowa, Hilton Coliseum

Blackened

Fuel

No Leaf Clover

Creeping Death

Frantic

The Thing That Should Not Be

I Disappear

St. Anger

Fade To Black

Master of Puppets

Battery

- - - -

Wherever I May Roam

Nothing Else Matters

Sad But True

One

Enter Sandman

- - - -

Disposable Heroes

Seek And Destroy

I was glad they played something a little more rare like Disposable Heroes...apparently they hadn't played that one live since the 80s. I could have done without the St. Anger crap and No Leaf Clover, but some of the other newer ones they picked out weren't too bad. I was so glad they played Fade to Black...it's one of my favorite songs.

Edited by mustang84

Here's the setlist:

Creeping Death

Excellent opener! One of y favorite MetallicA songs!

Disposable Heroes

You know, I was just thinking the other day about how much I love Disposable Heroes and how much I'd love to hear it live. I bet it was awesome!

The Unforgiven

Still haven't heard that one live.

The Memory Remains

The song that started my love for MetallicA

I'm VERY excited about the new album.

:fiery: 'TALLICA 4 LIFE! :metal:

Oh I can sing, however, to someone who doesn't have an ear tuned to German, it most likely would sound like Klingon to you! :P

Heh-heh...spoken or sung German always sounds angry to me, like Klingon. There are some Germans in my office (the company I'm contracting at now has a Frankfort office, and several of the people from there work here in Denver) and they always sound angry to me.

Though nothing like a loud Romanian...my last company had this guy who was Romanian, talked loud all the time with a thick accent..and would be on the phone w/ his wife all the time talking loudly in Romanian (he had the Sex & The City theme as his cell ring tone, which was hilarious--he was a 50-something frumpy guy that always wore the same cardigan, thick rimmed glasses, etc), always seemed like he was yelling.

The wierd thing is, at my new place, over in the next cube aisle from me is a guy that strangely sounds the same..has an unpronounceable eastern European name..