new 7 wonders

loki

HERE are the results.

chichen itza totally deserved that.

other than the colosseum, there must've been lots of people that considered the "old world" wonders not on their radar.... kinda thing

The stadium where last night's event was held deserves recognition as well, for no reason other than it is my soccer team's stadium: Benfica's Estádio da Luz in Lisbon -> clicky (in Portuguese) Edited by ZL-1

Interesting mix of the ancient and modern...I've been to Stonehenge, the Roman Colloseum, the Acropolis, the Eiffel Tower, the Statue of Liberty (and to the top of the World Trade Center and Empire State Building).

I definitely want to visit the other sites eventually, esp. Sydney Opera House, Petra, the Alhambra.

Speaking of soccer stadiums, here's my local one, went there for the 4th--- known as 'The Big Dick'.

Dick's Sporting Goods Park

Meh, the Pyramids should still be a wonder of the world, and I think the Acropolis should be, as well as Stonehenge...the oldest know structure in the world....but overall good choices.

yeah, those are amazing, but evidence lead to a poured theory of most of the pyramids' outer coverings... a slurry poured into molds.

acropolis is great, got nothing against it. stonehenge is good, but could have been constructed by available tech at the time, and good astronomy measurements.

chichen itza is a marvel. built by hand, insanely accurate, a testament to the mayan's knowledge of the natural cycles of the earth, sun, and the heavens...their calander is a 100th more accurate than what we use today and that was 1600 years old, at least.

Speaking of soccer stadiums, here's my local one, went there for the 4th--- known as 'The Big Dick'.

Dick's Sporting Goods Park

LOL ... gotta love that nickname ;).

Soccer stadiums seem to be sprouting up ... which is good. We have Toyota Park in the Chicagoland area. And, the Elgin Sports Complex added a few fields a few years ago ... and they now have lights.

As for the 7 wonders ... interesting selections.

Cort:33swm."Mr Monte Carlo.Mr Road Trip".pig valve.pacemaker

WRMNshowcase.lego.HO.model.MCs.RT.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort

"Look what you've done" ... Restless Heart ... 'Fast Movin' Train'

The Pyramids are still the greatest wonder of them all IMHO.