This is what I did this morning...

Well, I didn't go up in a balloon, but I helped with one. I'm now the Ground Crew Chief for a small hot air ballooning outfit here in the Tampa area. My first day was today and since I'm better than some of the previous crewmen (one had a suspended license for DWI and a cocaine charge, another cursed alot around the passengers) and the current Crew Chief is going away next weekend for a vacation, I'm the main man now - at least for next weekend. I'll be second-in-command under the pilot/owner during unloading and loading and drive the chase Express van during the flight. Its really much simpler than it seems. Three stout men can do all the work with help from the van. Basically, meet in north Tampa at 5:45am, head out with other balloonists to a good launch site at 6:15, alight by 7am, chase the balloon until 8-8:15, repack it all by 9:00, brunch by 9:30, done by 10:00. Anyway, here are some pics from my phone...

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

Our balloon, the one being filled up

Posted ImagePosted Image

My mom loves hot air balloons. Like 14 years ago we

went up to Quebec to a hhot air balloon festival. :)

Oh my goodness, Fly ... that is SWEET!

I've always wanted to go up in a hot air balloon ... haven't yet. A company in the Galena IL area gives hot air balloon rides early in the morning and at night. One of these days, I will get out there to go. A former co-worker has gone several times and showed me pics ... absolutely gorgeous scenery from the balloon!

Cort:33swm."Mr Monte Carlo.Mr Road Trip".pig valve.pacemaker

WRMNshowcase.lego.HO.model.MCs.RT.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort

"I've had enough" ... REO Speedwagon ... 'Time For Me To Fly'

There's just something about seeing a group of these big balloons hanging silently in the air that gives me goosebumps. Part of me would love to go for a ride, but with my fear of heights, I know I'd just be curled up in the fetal position at the bottom of the basket.