Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Cory Wolfe

Real Life Torrent GXP Pics

13 posts in this topic

I'll be the first one to nitpick. I wish they would change the headlights a little, they just seem way too big and sweep up into the fender more than I like. Other than that I do actually kind of like it better than the Equinox. Did anybody notice that the country of origin for the engine said Japan!?!

Edited by RJB

Blackviper... You take a lot of photos.. You ever think about going to school to get some experience and get a career dealing with photography or computer graphics. There are so many things you can do. Turn something fun into a career. I did.

Sometimes your photos of GM cars look better than the ones GM does.

Ever since they changed the fuel economy rules, and I see those new window stickers, I noticed the gas mileage on a lot of cars are not so hot anymore... This vehicle is one example... That suv has Cadillac gas mileage.

I agree with you on the shade of blue; it's very nice. I also like the chrome touches around the fog lights and on the door handles; it gives the exterior an upscale appearance. I just wished GM would have given Pontiac's version a distinct and unique exterior from the Equinox. Oh well, I guess you can't have everything. Nice pictures, though.

Ever since they changed the fuel economy rules, and I see those new window stickers, I noticed the gas mileage on a lot of cars are not so hot anymore... This vehicle is one example... That suv has Cadillac gas mileage.

I assume, hopefully, since the Equinox is being considered to replace the Venture in Feb, that the 3400 does better than that!

Nicer looking than the '08 Equinox, but as with those pics, these 18 inch rims look little, even with the lowered suspension. This thing would look tougher with 20s.

I agree with 'blu. The wheels look very small. There is alot of gap there. I think the interior has taken a few steps up in perceived quality with the nicer materials, especially around the gearshift. I am sure they are still hard to the touch though.

Did anybody notice that the country of origin for the engine said Japan!?!

He's right. WTF R DAT?

I'll be the first one to nitpick. I wish they would change the headlights a little, they just seem way too big and sweep up into the fender more than I like. Other than that I do actually kind of like it better than the Equinox. Did anybody notice that the country of origin for the engine said Japan!?!

This may be me reaching a bit....but I'm guessing since they share the same platform, Pontiac is using the same version of the 3.6L that goes into the Suzuki XL-7. Suzuki builds the engine in Japan. Perhaps GM is sourcing this engine from the same assembly plant....since they are on the same platform? It's the 3.6L we all know and love....just some of them for Suzuki (and maybe now Pontiac) are built in Japan.

This may be me reaching a bit....but I'm guessing since they share the same platform, Pontiac is using the same version of the 3.6L that goes into the Suzuki XL-7. Suzuki builds the engine in Japan. Perhaps GM is sourcing this engine from the same assembly plant....since they are on the same platform? It's the 3.6L we all know and love....just some of them for Suzuki (and maybe now Pontiac) are built in Japan.

DUH!! Your right, how could I have forgot about that. I worked on that engine, its so hard to keep track sometimes of all the differences in the engine families.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0