August 2007: Ford Motor Company

http://media.ford.com/article_display.cfm?article_id=26662

* Ford's all-new and redesigned crossovers were up 82 percent in August; year-to-date sales up 48 percent.

* Overall sales totaled 218,332, down 14 percent compared with a year ago; daily rental sales were down 44 percent and sales to individual retail customers were down 13 percent.

* Lincoln registers 11 th month in a row of higher retail sales; total Lincoln sales up 16 percent in August and 13 percent year-to-date.

* All-new Ford Expedition gains for the 12 th month in a row; Lincoln Navigator was up 57 percent.

* Land Rover dealers report record August sales, up 32 percent, reflecting all-new LR2.

* Ford announces fourth quarter 2007 North American production plan of 640,000 units, up 6 percent compared with the same period a year ago.

I think so but it will be by stepping over the dead carcase of Chrysler. Just my opinion and not meant to insult anyone either.

Sad and could be true.

I've heard it said that the American Auto Industry always does better when a Democrat is in office. Either way I hope the new President brings hope to our American Companies.

Sad and could be true.

I've heard it said that the American Auto Industry always does better when a Democrat is in office. Either way I hope the new President brings hope to our American Companies.

I'm hoping a new President brings hope to our companies and our country... things don't look too good out there these days...

On the truck war side;

August 2007

Silverado - 71,172

F-150 - 69,220

August 2006

Silverado - 57,836

F-150 - 76,804

YTD as of August 2007

Silverado - 461,796

F-150 - 481,146

YTD as of August 2006

Silverado - 467,040

F-150 - 545,963

The big questions of the year.

1. Could Ford be giving up the F-150 lead by dropping all those fleet sales?

2. Could the Silverado take over the sales lead with an end of the year push?

3. Is GM willing to throw in a few more leases for the Silverado to take the title? Will Ford throw in some year end fleets to keep the title?

4. Does the F-150 outsell the Silverado in retail sales or is it fleet sales that keep it #1?

Some other things to note;

1. The Cobalt and Impala are less than 800 units shy of outselling the entire Ford car lineup.

2. The Escape has taken a BIG nose dive in recent months. It used to outsell the Equinox without question.

3. #'s to an earlier post. Chevrolet for August = 229,012 ENTIRE Ford Company = 218,332

This is just SAD news. As much as I want GM to dominate once again, I want it to be on the back of the foreign manufactures not Ford. I just hope this has to do with long range planning and not long term issues.