2007 Yukon Hero card

avant1963

Awsome, one gripe though... it looks too tame and sad-puppy dog-ish. I hope the Silverado, if nothing else retains it's agressive take no prisoners Pirate face. :angry: :)

Awsome, one gripe though... it looks too tame and sad-puppy dog-ish. I hope the Silverado, if nothing else retains it's agressive take no prisoners Pirate face. :angry: :)

[post="26981"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

I agree.. the GMC almost seems like it's going in the route that ford is going with their very save and conservative styling. At least they aren't going with the "bug-eyed" styling that Dodge and Jeep are doing :puke:

Anybody else notice the brown and tan two-tone interior not previously shown in that second photo?

[post="27005"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Good catch, I hadn't noticed that, and it looks pretty good. I still think the front end could use some work, but maybe it's better in person.

Anybody else notice the brown and tan two-tone interior not previously shown in that second photo?

[post="27005"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

That's good that there's more differentiation between the Tahoe's interior.. same with the wood trim around the steering wheel

These are going to be awesome trucks, no doubt, but as a current GMT-800 owner, there are still a few things that "bug" me.

Number 1, and the BIGGEST one, how the heck could they seemingly write-off the whole 3rd seat issue, doing NOTHING to increase it's adaptability--keeping the live axle or not, one would still expect them to do SOMETHING to better what is currently the worst, most inconvenient and clunky arrangements in the entire full-size SUV class.

After I had seen all the pics, I was anxiously awaiting showing them to my parents (mom is the one making the payments on the precious 'Burban http://www.cheersandgears.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/AH-HA_wink.gif ), and finally got to this past weekend. Here's the reactions I got from "real" owners:

Exteriors: Her: "Hmm, that's nice. I like the Chevy more this time."
Interiors: Her: "Yeah, okay. Why the heck do they still not have a floor shifter?" (Seriously, that was IT.....)
Him: "So what'd they do--just make it rounder?"
Me: "Yeah, sort of, plus made everything of a lot higher quality and fit better."
Features: Her: "Power hatch is good--does the third seat finally fold away?"
Me: "Uh, no. They changed a lot but seem to have forgot that."
Her: "What?! I love everything about my truck except that stupid 3rd seat--for as much as I paid, the damn thing should at least fold away manually, let alone with power. What were they thinking?! Seriously, who the hell wants the 2nd row to be powered? That seat is so heavy and hard to get in and out--why can't they just make it fold away and be done with it?"
Me: "Um...."

So, obviously, that one issue alone has already soured her on the new ones....and has already had her saying things like "I still REFUSE to buy a Ford, but what else is there?"...already writing the new trucks off as a future replacement for the '04, it seems. Edited by caddycruiser

Still, even without seeing or driving them in person, I just thought that REAL opinion on them, as of right now, was quite interesting. Neither was stunned. Neither said anything jumped out at them. Given the new interiors and exterior style, I was waiting for something--but no. And these are moderately "car" people. Having something that drives beautifully and has a nice dash, but is still a major pain in the arse to use is STUPID, particularly to them. And ALSO, having driven or seen them in person has nothing to do with the validity of the opinion on the 3rd seat--you can tell from the pics how nothing has really changed at all, save for seat materials, and that IS quite disappointing. In a vehicle like this, maximum versatility with a minimum of user effort and aggravation trully is key--because most owners (like us) have to shift between full people and full cargo quite frequently. Having to plan ahead so there's a place to put the damn back seat is just, well, something that should have been solved at least a decade ago. No excuse. If these new ute's were everything they're going to be, PLUS went even further with nifty engineering feats of adapting a foldaway 3rd row that's comfortable AND painless to make go away would have REALLY set these trucks over the edge and probably hurt even more of the competition. The solid axle "issue" really is irrelevant, since Dodge made it work with the same system. As is, even that one design detail is still a major issue, since it's an issue NO OTHER competitor, save for the equally old Sequoia, has to deal with--Ford, Dodge, and Nissan came up with a better solution years ago, yet GM has yet to even match or catch up to the curve. Just IMHO, but I imagine LOTS of others are going to ask the same question and probably even be swayed away. Edited by caddycruiser

Why the hell are floor shifters such a big deal? I've never understood that... its an automatic, what difference does it make where the shifter is. Putting it in the centre just wastes usable space.

I guess having it down there makes some people feel "sporty" or something...

[post="29107"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Agreed, not a true biggie, but as the "mother" said, "I'd like it more down there because it's sportier and more carlike to use."

I guess that kind of answers it--for someone who has gone to a Suburban after a line of both cars and minivans, having a "car" feature like the floor shifter is just something a lot of people feel more comfortable with and like.

And, if there's already a console there to begin with, you're not exactly wasting that much center space if designed correctly--but I could see the issues of having both a floor and column shifter setup to work with both bucket AND bench seats just being another added production cost.

I'll take the column shift and front cloth split-bench seat, thank you. Though if I really wanted a Denali or Escalade, I'll deal with the buckets, but an LS or lower LT (SLE/SLT in GMC terms) would suit me just fine, were I in the market.

Another thing I'm really waiting to see are the more commonplace, cloth-seated models with smaller wheels, etc. I'd assume they won't be using large expanses of textured black plastic anymore, other than small bits like mirrors and door handles, which would be a good thing. Even though I still think the whole 3rd row deal blows big time, I think the power liftgate is great and long overdue--but it should at least be optional on lower models. Chrysler/Dodge offer it on nearly every minivan model they sell, especially the lower-end cloth seated ones, and it sells at nearly a 100% clip because everybody wants it. Restricting it to only higher end, leather lined models is just dumb.