Lot hopping discovery

ocnblu

So uh huh I was at the Saturn lot this afternoon, killing time checking out the Vue there (ha). They have a two-tiered lot. I parked on the upper level, checked out some vehicles, then went down to the lower level. After checking out an orange Vue Redline, I trudged back up top... only to discover my dad and his wife checking out the cars! I said "may I help you folks?" :AH-HA_wink:

Stepmom likes the Impala SS and Trailblazer SS (so does dad), but they are too expensive. Of the Saturns, she'd rather have a Vue AWD, but dad is leaning toward an Aura (he likes the price of the XE and the fuel mileage ratings). I bet they get a Vue, ha.

I was checking them out because a Mystic Blue/Blue Flash Vue caught my eye from the road... dudes, that color is NOT flat, it has an amazing purple pearl effect to it in the sunshine. Not sure I'd choose it though, it seems a bit too trendy.

I still think the new Vue has a Korean look to it, but I like them now, despite that. The interior is really nice. I like the fact that the tan cloth is not too light, kinda medium, to stay clean looking longer.

They would be trading their '02 Grand Am GT coupe if they get one.

Mileage ratings surprise in a good way or bad? With the revised testing procedure for '08, they don't seem too bad for the hp numbers... 222 for the 3.5L VVT, and what, 252 for the 3.6? I think they're competitive for its V6 competition.

Mileage ratings surprise in a good way or bad? With the revised testing procedure for '08, they don't seem too bad for the hp numbers... 222 for the 3.5L VVT, and what, 252 for the 3.6? I think they're competitive for its V6 competition.

Surprising in a bad way...

'08 RAV4 V6 AWD (269 hp) - 19/26

'08 Equinox Sport AWD (263 hp) - 16/24

'08 Enclave AWD (275 hp) - 16/22

'08 XE AWD (222 hp) - 15/22

'08 XR AWD (257 hp) - 16/22

Edited by empowah

I checked out the VUE a few weeks ago too, and was also pleasantly surprised. Its interior is so-much-better than the AURA's. Everything from the materials to build quality was nicer. The turn signals, window switches, steering wheel, and door grab handles were all top notch. My only beefs were with front seat thigh support (the seat itself looks great, though), generic black-tie radio, and generic Daewoo gear gate/lever.

Cool. Chalk one up for GM.

Well, it's a Dark Silver Metallic Impala LT, a 2007 with 13k miles on it. It's got the light gray bench seat interior. Stepmom doesn't care for the light-colored upholstery, and she wants a spoiler put on it. Hard to believe after the cool cars of his youth, but stepmom is sportier than dad at this point. "Well, we've officially joined the old geezer club," was his comment. Then he said maybe he'll put 20s on it. Yeah, I am not holding my breath. I did point out that they can probably buy a body-color spoiler from their dealership with a template for installation.