Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

2008 City Jetta at the Georgian College Autoshow

The "Canada-only" VW City Jetta gets a mild facelift for 2008.

Its basicaly the old MKIV Jetta, with new tailights and headlights.

This is the same car currently sold in Mexico.

http://www.volkswagen.com/vwcms_publish/vw...dels/jetta.html

At first, Kris and I didn't know what we were looking at. The front looks like the previous Passat.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Almost $23k and 115 hp? The Optra is $3k less and has more horsepower! :stupid:

Almost $23k and 115 hp? The Optra is $3k less and has more horsepower! :stupid:

The Optra is a piece of $h!, it's essentially a re-badged Nubira, and I worked at a Daewoo warranty dealership in Mississauga and those things came in all the time with blown transmissions, blown headgaskets, and snapped timing belts with bent valves because the pully was designed incorrectly. I understand the Jettas had their share of electrical problems when they first came out, but come on? Where the hell did you get 23K???? The fully opted out one is that much.

So the City Jetta is essentially the previous generation Jetta with the previous generation Passat front end and updated circular taillights that fit in with VW's current design language? So Volkswagen still thinks it will actually take over Toyota in eight years doing this? I don't get it! :banghead:

So the City Jetta is essentially the previous generation Jetta with the previous generation Passat front end and updated circular taillights that fit in with VW's current design language? So Volkswagen still thinks it will actually take over Toyota in eight years doing this? I don't get it! :banghead:

Well it's working, the City Jetta was released last year, and it sold very well. I got to sit in a nice red one with all the options except for automatic, and the total price was a little under 21k. That's pretty good for a car that still feels fresh, even since the redesign. It feels more expenseve than it's competition on the interior, especially when they updated the seat fabric, and now you get a 6 speed tipronic automatic. 8) They won't beat Toyota, unless if they introduce some SKoda or Seat models worldwide, but even then, they will probably come in third or second.