What a night

I can't believe what just happened to me. This kind of crap only happens on TV, until now.

So I was walking home from the bar with a friend and we thought we might go buy some... herbs. He knew a park where people normally sell so we went there and asked somebody. Guy ended up leading us to a girl who phoned a friend.

This should have been hint #1. Why do we need to go somewhere? Nope, we're drunk, and too trusting. Proceed!

So the guy proceeds to tell us that the seller is really paranoid and he needs to do the deal for us. (Hint #2) We agreed because me and my friend are both bigger than him and good runners, should he try something stupid. So sure enough he takes off around the corner. We then chased him without being too obvious - there are plenty of cops and we don't want to bust anybody, especially when they're selling to us. He realized that he was making us nervous and came over to calm us down. The whole time him and this girl are acting wayyy too paranoid. The amount we're trying to buy is not going to land anyone in jail, especially in Canada. So finally someone shows up, in a car. (Hint #3) They come over and deal us... crack.

I've never been so scared in my life. I didn't even care that we got ripped off for the 'herb' money. I was just thinking we were either going to get:

a. Robbed

b. Beaten up

c. Busted

We just left. There is no point fighting with some crack fiends over money.

Went over to my friends house to calm down - the adrenaline was going a little crazy. Finally walked home and had to walk past the lovely sight of two cross dressing prostitutes arguing over prices and then just straight up beating each other up.

So now it's 3:30 in the morning, and I have to work tomorrow, and there is no way I can sleep right now with this much adrenaline pumping.

Tomorrow is going to suck.

What? That doesn't sound like my vision of Canada at all.

I can't believe what just happened to me. This kind of crap only happens on TV, until now.

So I was walking home from the bar with a friend and we thought we might go buy some... maple syrup. He knew an igloo where people normally sell so we went there and asked somebody. Guy ended up leading us to a girl who smoke-signaled a friend.

This should have been hint #1. Why do we need to go somewhere? Nope, we're drunk, and too trusting. Proceed!

So the guy proceeds to tell us that the seller is really paranoid and he needs to do the deal for us. (Hint #2) We agreed because me and my friend are both bigger than him and good runners, should he try something stupid. So sure enough he takes off around the corner. We then chased him without being too obvious - there are plenty of Mounties and we don't want to bust anybody, especially when they're selling to us. He realized that he was making us nervous and came over to calm us down. The whole time him and this girl are acting wayyy too paranoid. The amount we're trying to buy is not going to land anyone in jail, especially in Canada, eh? So finally someone shows up, on a dogsled. (Hint #3) They come over and deal us... Canadian bacon.

I've never been so scared in my life. I didn't even care that we got ripped off for the 'syrup' money. I was just thinking we were either going to get:

a. Stared down

b. Open-handed slapped

c. A stern talking to

We just left. There is no point fighting with some bacon fiends over money.

Went over to my friends igloo to calm down - the adrenaline was going a little crazy. Finally walked to my igloo and had to walk past the lovely sight of two cross dressing prostitutes disagreeing over prices and then just straight up talking loudly to each other.

So now it's 3:30 in the morning, and I have to work tomorrow, and there is no way I can sleep right now with this much adrenaline pumping.

Tomorrow is going to suck.

Ahhh...that's better, eh!

It's an old con, I am afraid. Most crack dealers work that way. (So I hear.) Never, ever buy anything off the street. Sounds like you had a 'fun' night anyway. Maybe not the fun you were hoping for, but still, it was better than watching re-runs on TV.

What? That doesn't sound like my vision of Canada at all.

Ahhh...that's better, eh!

Your revisons are funny, Fly, but trust me when I say that any 'visions' you have of Canada do not include Toronto. Toronto is not Canada any more.

Your revisons are funny, Fly, but trust me when I say that any 'visions' you have of Canada do not include Toronto. Toronto is not Canada any more.

It's not just Toronto. In my hometown of 90,000 I know of a girl who ODed on crack.

I've just never had to deal with it personally before.

I'm actually glad to hear that this is an old scam, makes me feel like a little bit less of a tool.

Holy cow.

Thank God that did not turn out tragically.

I don't know about your Canadian crackheads, but Flint crackheads are some of the nicest junkies you'll ever meet...in the daytime...when they need money...when you're not in the ghetto(s)...

But it is a really good thing nothing bad happened, though.

Edited by AxelTheRed

Just grow your own.

Not that big of a chronic! :AH-HA_wink:

As far as Dodgefan's comment - if they made weed legal, I wouldn't have to deal with these people. We could have gone down to the convenience store and bought a pack of joints, and the government would have made some tax money. But no, instead we have this crap. <sigh>

I really don't smoke that much, which is why I find myself without when I want some. Seriously, lately it's like once every two months that I smoke it. It's just nice once in a while.

Never again will I try to buy from the streets though.