Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ocnblu

"Old Soldiers"

20 posts in this topic

These El Caminos are still in daily use by this contractor. Pretty cool, imo:

Posted Image

I took that picture today. He has four of them, not sure where the fourth is, unless one of the guys took it home for the weekend.

I remember quite a few businesses that used Caminos as fleet vehicles. After production ended, they all bought Toyota pickups instead. :hissyfit:

Great photo Ocn, that would make a great rustic Normal Rockwell type photograph to go on the dining room wall.

Oh SWEET!

So cool that they are still using those El Caminos!

He he ... I gotta make a trip to that place sometime I'm in PA ... maybe next June or August!

Cort:34swm."Mr Monte Carlo.Mr Road Trip".pig valve.pacemaker

WRMNshowcase.lego.HO.model.MCs.RT.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort

"I'm about to put the hammer down" ... CW McCall ... 'Convoy'

I drove by a funeral home in central Massachusetts not too long ago that had a gorgeous mint condition navy blue early 80's El Camino for use as a flower car. It was pretty neat to see the little El Camino lined up amongst the giant Cadillac hearses and limousines; wish I got a picture.

I drove by a funeral home in central Massachusetts not too long ago that had a gorgeous mint condition navy blue early 80's El Camino for use as a flower car. It was pretty neat to see the little El Camino lined up amongst the giant Cadillac hearses and limousines; wish I got a picture.

Finding one of those flower cars is the Holy Grail for an El Camino collector. A virgin car with very low miles and always garaged, but they never seem to come my way.

That missing fourth Camino was out in front of that aluminum contractor's building today.

Finding one of those flower cars is the Holy Grail for an El Camino collector. A virgin car with very low miles and always garaged, but they never seem to come my way.

So I guess this wouldn't be a good time to tell you that a friend of a friend happened upon one for a thousand bucks...... and then let it sit in the tall grass and mud in his backyard for three years and rot away before he started to use it. The only reason he started driving it at all was that he totalled his other vehicle and needed it to go to work. Most of its beautiful navy blue paint is now covered by $h!ty bodywork and brown Rustoleum. Sad, sad, sad.

It's okay; I want to kill him too!

Edited by XP715

Run for your lifes! A hound has been released!

K.C., I think it's another dark/light blue Conquista.

I know where a cherry 86/87 is maroon over maroon...low miles. Very Clean - old guy uses it to get groceries every so often...my wife hates them, so I am a no offer on the truck...you guys interested, I will get photos if it is still available.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Who's Online (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

• Who's Chatting

There are no users currently in the chat room