Pontiac To Reveal The 2009 Vibe

I didn't see this anywhere else. Hope it's not a repost.

WHO:

Pontiac, a division of General Motors

WHAT:

Pontiac will reveal the next generation of the Vibe compact crossover vehicle via a live webcast of the Vibe Slam! event in Detroit. The all-new 2009 Vibe will offer three unique flavors: the functionally-designed base model, the all-season versatility of the Vibe All-Wheel Drive, and performance inspired Vibe GT.

WHEN:

Tuesday, November 6, 3:45 p.m. (Eastern)

The webcast will be available at 3:45 p.m. and the reveal will begin promptly at 4:00 p.m.

WHERE:

www.pontiacunderground.com/vibe

The webcast will include a question and answer segment, viewers can submit questions to the panel during the webcast at [email protected].

The 2009 Pontiac Vibe press materials will be available at media.gm.com on Monday, November 5, 2007.

Click HERE for the live reveal!

Yawn!!!!

Ok car but not a Pontiac.

Not really a GM to be honest.

The Alpha will not come soon enough.

The Vibe has been ok but it is not a car that Pontiac has built a foundation on and if it was here or not it really makes little differance. I already know two past owners who have gone to a HHR and have no regret.

Personally, I don't know why some people are talking about why they like the Vibe so much better than the Matrix. They both look very Japanese Blob-like to me. Anyone that looks at this and actually thinks this is a Pontiac design doesn't follow the auto industry or know much about cars. To me it looks like Toyota said, Ok, Here it is, tweak it like you like, but NOT TOO MUCH, we arn't going to retool the whole plant for you, oh and by the way, here's the interior, you don't get to change that...I hope it does sell because if nothing else it will help Pontiac's bottom line, but unfortunately, it will help proliferate Toyota's bland designs too and to me at least it does nothing for Pontiac's, and GM's resurgence. Just my .02 .

This looks great. It's a nice evolution of the original. It looks like they carried over the Matrix interior with some slight modifications. It really doesn't matter. Thankfully, they left the exterior of the Matrix behind. The Matrix is hideous. The Vibe definitely received the nicer exterior design.

I still hope that Pontiac receives their all rear wheel drive lineup in the near future. Although I like this car, it really doesn't fit in with Pontiac's brand mission. I am glad that it is here to keep Pontiac going until the great, new Alpha cars make it to market.