Off to Brazil

Acho que não temos esse ditado em português, por isso escrevo a versão inglesa: practice makes perfect :P

Yeah we have that saying here too. No entanto, a língua do Brasil não é verdadeiro Português! :smilewide:

For those wanting to know where in Brazil I will be, I will be in São Paulo.

Edited by Pontiac Custom-S

Yeah we have that saying here too. No entanto, a língua do Brasil não é verdadeiro Português! :smilewide:

True, but it's spicier than the Portuguese from Portugal. Brazilian people are, in general, spicier than Portuguese people :AH-HA_wink:

True, but it's spicier than the Portuguese from Portugal. Brazilian people are, in general, spicier than Portuguese people :AH-HA_wink:

I've had the same argument with a (former) co-worker who is from Portugal. When I was learning Portuguese 4 years ago, he argued with me that I was learning 'Brazilian' and that isn't 'real' Portuguese. Really, I countered. Hmmm. 170 million Brazilians and 11 million Portuguese: I wonder who is influencing the language today? Particularly considering you watch a lot of Brazilian TV in Portugal. :scratchchin:

To the 'layperson', Brazilian is much 'smoother' to the ear. My partner is Brazilian (so I am biased, of course!) but when I hear 'real' Portugese it sounds like fingers on a chalkboard. :lol:

I've had the same argument with a (former) co-worker who is from Portugal. When I was learning Portuguese 4 years ago, he argued with me that I was learning 'Brazilian' and that isn't 'real' Portuguese. Really, I countered. Hmmm. 170 million Brazilians and 11 million Portuguese: I wonder who is influencing the language today? Particularly considering you watch a lot of Brazilian TV in Portugal. :scratchchin:

To the 'layperson', Brazilian is much 'smoother' to the ear. My partner is Brazilian (so I am biased, of course!) but when I hear 'real' Portugese it sounds like fingers on a chalkboard. :lol:

Que bom: mais uma pessoa do Cheers&Gears que fala português! :AH-HA_wink:

post-436-1195134753_thumb.jpg

Que bom: mais uma pessoa do Cheers&Gears que fala português! :AH-HA_wink:

I can read it, I can understand it if spoken slowly, but I would not go so far as saying that I can speak it! :lol: Well, enough to order food at McDonald's in Sao Paulo or 'Bob's in Jaoa Passoa!

The Montana would certainly sell in Canada, but I am through 'wishing' for vehicles that we never get.