Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
knightfan26917

NEW pics!

33 posts in this topic

I really like the 1987. I like that color blue, plus it's the same platform as the Grand Prix of the same year, is it not?

Edited by Pontiac Custom-S

Cort, you need to add an SS or two to your collection!

The '72,'76, and '87 are my faves - in that order.

Great collection! I especially like the 71, 76 and 87, and I agree with the above. An SS Aerocoupe would be perfect. :thumbsup:

86 aerocoupe = 1 of 200 right?

I don't remember the exact number, but it is very low - and all of them are white.

*nods*

Thanks for the compliments!

Pontiac Custom ... yes, indeed, the MC and Grand Prix were on that same platform ... which also included the Buick Regal and Olds Cutlass Supreme.

Camino ... oh, yes, I know ... an SS needs to join the family. But, right now, I need to find a winter beater first ... then get an SS ... hopefully an '87 Aerocoupe ;).

SuperSport ... I believe that number is correct ... 200 Aerocoupes made in 1986. While I like that "rarity" factor, I would rather have an '87 MC SS Aerocoupe ... because I like the "wrap around" taillights better ;).

Cort:34swm."Mr Monte Carlo.Mr Road Trip".pig valve.pacemaker

WRMNshowcase.lego.HO.model.MCs.RT.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort

"It's like trying to catch a falling star" ... The Heights ... 'How Do You Talk To An Angel?'

While I like that "rarity" factor, I would rather have an '87 MC SS Aerocoupe ... because I like the "wrap around" taillights better ;).

i was looking for an ss before i bought the nova, and i looked at quite a few... the 87/88 taillights in my opinion look SO much better then the inset taillights of the earlier years... i fight with my monte friend over what looks better all the time

i was looking for an ss before i bought the nova, and i looked at quite a few... the 87/88 taillights in my opinion look SO much better then the inset taillights of the earlier years... i fight with my monte friend over what looks better all the time

He he ... yeah, that certainly is quite a "debate", of sorts. It really is a personal choice. While I am glad I have the '81 MC SC (was my parents' car, after all), I sure do like the look of the wrap around taillights of the '87 MC LS better. They more closely resemble the '76's wrap around.

It's interesting ... the '81 has horizontal front lights; the '76 has vertical/stacked. Meanwhile, on the taillights, the reflectors in the '81 are verticle ... while the reflectors in the '76 taillight are horizontal.

"I want a 2-tone Chevrolet" ... BJ Thomas ... '2-Car Garage'

my favorite monte is the 4th gen, especially the ss...

just something about how the curvy character lines down the side sharply contrast the boxy body

There's a beat up & rusted Aerocoupe rotting away in a backyard in Gardner, Mass...

It looks like it spent a few years under salt water. Sad to see.

I also have seen a red (or was it burgundy?) Pontiac 2+2 (Aerocoupe) locally. Still being driven.

yeah the 2+2 is uber rare.... in my opinon, its ugly as sin but if its a g body, ill take it...

i still contend the g body is one of the coolest platforms... not the best, but some awesome cars were spawned off it

Thanks for the additional compliments!

There's a beat up & rusted Aerocoupe rotting away in a backyard in Gardner, Mass...

It looks like it spent a few years under salt water. Sad to see.

Aye ... and sad to read about :(.

"Come pick me up" ... Ben Folds ... 'Landed'

:angry: The owner of the Aerocoupe should be made to pick his own switch and then beat with it. That's just wrong!

Highly jealous... and still upset me and camino didnt see you when we were out your way

Highly jealous... and still upset me and camino didnt see you when we were out your way

Yes, seeing you then certainly would've been nice. I know how bad I feel for having missed a number of people on my road trip that ended yesterday. My "pet peeve" phrase is "next time" ... only because you don't know IF a next time will be available....

*sighs*

"Believe what you feel inside" ... Ronnie Milsap ... 'In Love'

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0