*nods*

Thanks for the compliments!

Pontiac Custom ... yes, indeed, the MC and Grand Prix were on that same platform ... which also included the Buick Regal and Olds Cutlass Supreme.

Camino ... oh, yes, I know ... an SS needs to join the family. But, right now, I need to find a winter beater first ... then get an SS ... hopefully an '87 Aerocoupe ;).

SuperSport ... I believe that number is correct ... 200 Aerocoupes made in 1986. While I like that "rarity" factor, I would rather have an '87 MC SS Aerocoupe ... because I like the "wrap around" taillights better ;).

Cort:34swm."Mr Monte Carlo.Mr Road Trip".pig valve.pacemaker

WRMNshowcase.lego.HO.model.MCs.RT.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort

"It's like trying to catch a falling star" ... The Heights ... 'How Do You Talk To An Angel?'

While I like that "rarity" factor, I would rather have an '87 MC SS Aerocoupe ... because I like the "wrap around" taillights better ;).

i was looking for an ss before i bought the nova, and i looked at quite a few... the 87/88 taillights in my opinion look SO much better then the inset taillights of the earlier years... i fight with my monte friend over what looks better all the time

i was looking for an ss before i bought the nova, and i looked at quite a few... the 87/88 taillights in my opinion look SO much better then the inset taillights of the earlier years... i fight with my monte friend over what looks better all the time

He he ... yeah, that certainly is quite a "debate", of sorts. It really is a personal choice. While I am glad I have the '81 MC SC (was my parents' car, after all), I sure do like the look of the wrap around taillights of the '87 MC LS better. They more closely resemble the '76's wrap around.

It's interesting ... the '81 has horizontal front lights; the '76 has vertical/stacked. Meanwhile, on the taillights, the reflectors in the '81 are verticle ... while the reflectors in the '76 taillight are horizontal.

"I want a 2-tone Chevrolet" ... BJ Thomas ... '2-Car Garage'

There's a beat up & rusted Aerocoupe rotting away in a backyard in Gardner, Mass...

It looks like it spent a few years under salt water. Sad to see.

I also have seen a red (or was it burgundy?) Pontiac 2+2 (Aerocoupe) locally. Still being driven.

Thanks for the additional compliments!

There's a beat up & rusted Aerocoupe rotting away in a backyard in Gardner, Mass...

It looks like it spent a few years under salt water. Sad to see.

Aye ... and sad to read about :(.

"Come pick me up" ... Ben Folds ... 'Landed'

Highly jealous... and still upset me and camino didnt see you when we were out your way

Yes, seeing you then certainly would've been nice. I know how bad I feel for having missed a number of people on my road trip that ended yesterday. My "pet peeve" phrase is "next time" ... only because you don't know IF a next time will be available....

*sighs*

"Believe what you feel inside" ... Ronnie Milsap ... 'In Love'

Yes, seeing you then certainly would've been nice. I know how bad I feel for having missed a number of people on my road trip that ended yesterday. My "pet peeve" phrase is "next time" ... only because you don't know IF a next time will be available....

*sighs*

Don't worry... I'm sure it'll happen, just be positive and things just seem to fall into place. :AH-HA_wink:

• 2 weeks later...

I first ran across this now. I like ALL of your Monte Carlos but I always had a big liking for the body of the 1978-80. I got better pictures of the 2 cars recently. Sometimes its hard to believe I now have full responsibility for Dads 1985. But I love it to death when I drive it.

Edited by 2005 EquinoxLS

I like ALL of your Monte Carlos but I always had a big liking for the body of the 1978-80.

*nods*

Thank you, bud! I remember you mentioning before that you really like the body of the '78-'80 3rd gen MCs....

I got better pictures of the 2 cars recently.

Sweet! You able to share 'em with us?

"Maybe I'll drive so far they'll all lose track" ... Dolly Parton ... 'Hard Candy Christmas'

I can E-Mail them to you. I dont have the whechamocallit that you guys do to upload them. I also have pictures of the 1984 Buick Park Avenue that my Dad and I fixed for my niece then she decided she didnt want it. It doesnt look quite as perfect as the other 2 but it still looked and drove VERY well for a car with 260,000 miles and seeing every Wisconsin winter.

Sure ... Email 'em to me ... and I'll see if I can get 'em on here ... how's that sound?

"Somebody snitched on me" ... Barry Gordon ... 'Nuttin' For Christmas'

Great!!!. The both of them I have do need a few things. A/C on the Caprice works when it wants to. High doesnt work on the climate control and the trunk key lock doesnt like to cooperate. Bonneville has a few water leaks that need to be taken care of. And the headliner has a few bubbles.