Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
scharmer05

This is why I hunt....

7 posts in this topic

Well, first of all. Happy Thanksgiving to all. I have much to be thankful for on this day. Last night we had a close call with my grandmother. There are a lot of details that I would rather not get into here, but luckily she is still with us. For that reason, I have everything to be thankful for this day.

This may seem trivial considering it all, but last night on the way back from the hospital in Grand Forks, I had the pleasure of meeting up with a little bit of nature. A (4x5 buck) and my Suburban had a little run in. Instinctively I applied the brakes when I saw him coming out of the ditch, had I not, I might have whizzed right by him. Anyway, I can't do much about it now, but here are some pictures of the aftermath. Sorry it's so dirty, the gravel roads are a mess around here right now.

It got every panel on the driver's side. The doors took the brunt of it.

Posted Image

I would imagine they both need new skins to fix them right.

Posted Image

Posted Image

One of the horns I think must have done this.

Posted Image

It sure did a number. There are creases from the horns above the front wheel well, under the side view mirror, and above the gas cap. They were not visible in any of the pictures because of the dirt, but I don't envision it being clean in the near future, so I snapped these pics.

Again, Happy Thanksgiving to all.

nasty !

hope your grandma is ok.

are you sure the deer wasn't a badly driven toyota?

Mr. scharmer, yeah, this is the time of year for active deer. We've had quite a few deer jobs this season so far. Most importantly, glad to hear your grandmother is ok. Seems like a one-two punch.

I wish I had pictures from each time our old Regal met a deer. Those... were nasty. That's nothing. :P

Glad to hear about your Grandma, though.

Maybe it was the deer getting revenge for your hunting hobby? :scratchchin: Seriously though, glad everyone is ok.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0