In Case You Were Wondering...

Cory Wolfe

The Cutlass has been up and running since Sunday.

But who cares about that? I'm sure something else had you sitting there pulling your hair over what it could be. That vehicle... in my sig... it's a lovely Mazda AZ-Wagon. You probably said to yourself "Hmm, that looks alot like the Scion xB", but it actually predates it, back to 1994. What you see if actually the latest of many facelifts on the 3rd gen. It's based on the lovely Suzuki Wagon R.

313130.jpeg

Mazda_AZ_Wagon.jpg

I know, it must have been killing you wondering what it was. :P

Edited by blackviper8891

The Cutlass has been up and running since Sunday.

But who cares about that? I'm sure something else had you sitting there pulling your hair over what it could be. That vehicle... in my sig... it's a lovely Mazda AZ-Wagon. You probably said to yourself "Hmm, that looks alot like the Scion xB", but it actually predates it, back to 1994. What you see if actually the latest of many facelifts. It's based on the lovely Suzuki Wagon R.

313130.jpeg

Mazda_AZ_Wagon.jpg

I know, it must have been killing you wondering what it was. :P

Your payback to me on yahoo was enough w/o needing to see this...fcker.

... So the Cutlass isn't for sale now? Damn. :(

...that was my first reaction, too ;). he he

Cort:34swm."Mr Monte Carlo.Mr Road Trip".pig valve.pacemaker

WRMNshowcase.lego.HO.model.MCs.RT.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort

"Have a happy holiday" ... Brenda Lee ... 'Rockin' Around The Christmas Tree'

You guys don't like the AZ Wagon?! Blasphemy! It's so... um... something... :P

As for the Cutlass, it was a severe case of flooding that kept it from starting for 4 straight days. So much so that it got into the oil, of which I'll have to change sometime soon, if I'm not too lazy. Otherwise, a new water pump and thermostat has seemed to fix the overheating problem... and the heater, which has steadily become quite a hot one. As well, my dad found an exhaust leak under the hood and temporarily fixed it. Not sure if that contributed to it any, but it had to have been there when we bought it since it lost it's personality. The engine is quite muted now and is even more gutless than it was in the first place. Fixing the leak seems to have made the carburetor issues less prominent, while the check engine light and rattling issue are more prominent. Oh well.. it's running.

So, it's a Gutless Supreme?

Vipes, maybe you have a clogged catalytic converter... maybe that is a contributor to the exhaust leak, a weak spot blown out because the converter is clogged. The exhaust gases need to go somewhere. That could also cause the lack of power, the rattling and the check engine light to come on. Check it out. Do you have emissions testing in your area as part of State Inspection? If not, why not cut the converter off and stick a straight pipe in there. If you do, a universal converter is not that expensive.

Edited by ocnblu

Well, the one thing I do know is that the rattling isn't the catalytic converter. It's most definitely in the engine. Occurs whenever the engine is being stressed, like going up a hill without the transmission downshifting, or when flogging it. I told Drew about it in more detail and he said it's probably detonation from the timing being off.

Edited by blackviper8891