2007 Chevrolet Impala LS

I didn't know an LS could have alloy wheels or a remote start (from the factory) at least not in the US. Nice ride tho and I hope you have good luck with it. Impala's are great cars I love mine except that head gasket has a leak! (But knock on wood it is my first problem with her.)

Edited by gm4life

I'd say it has good torque. Gas Pedal is a little more stiff than some of the other cars I've been driving but then again that is more than made up for by the fact that the steering isn't as loosey-goosey as the stupid electric steering in the Maxx. VS the LX9, it accelerates smoother, more consistently, with less noise and jerks and the gas pedal doesn't have a dead-zone like the Malibu (where it accelerates slowly and then past a certain threshold it's suddenly more powerful). So overall I'm satisfied.

• 1 month later...
Guest YellowJacket894

Ah, that car brings to mind our old '04 Impala that was in a shade of gray similar to your '07 there. It handled nice, had a comfortable ride, but I really didn't care much for it. The interior in that car ... I don't know who approved it, but I know it looked like $h! in the basic model like we had. The plood was disgusting. And the exterior looks so dowdy without a spoiler, rims upgrade, body color rub strips, taillight panel, and an inch or two taken out of the ride height.

The 2006 to present model looks much better, inside and out, but a large front-drive sedan will never be my cup 'o tea.

Nice car, however. 8)

Excellent, sir!

This model is much improved. The new front end and rear lights are pleasing and those alloys are a must for this car in LS or LT form.

Regarding the interior, those seats are super comfortable and feel durable, the darker color will be easier to keep clean than the light gray I got, the wood insets look awesome and the blue illumination at night (Impy and MC, both) is really pleasing to the eye.

Congratulations, it's a value-packed vehicle for the money.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I might look at one of these in a year when the lease is up on the Equinox. May be looking for more fuel economy but yet I still want space. I liked my 2000 Monte Carlo for this reason. I might either lease one or find one maybe 2-3 years old. I dont think I can purchase one brand new. Can anyone tell me if the 3.9 liter V6 is worth it over the 3.5? I want so hard to like the new Malibu but keep coming back to the Impala.

My family, three generations of it, looked at the new Malibu and went back to the Impala as well, I agree with you completely. In my opinion, while not as gutsy as it is in a Malibu, the 3.5L is more than satisfactory as a powerplant, the 3900 isn't really worth the money. It's only got 20 more foot-pounds of torque. In our Impala I can drive 25% grade at 50MPH with three other people in the car, with the gas pedal only like half-way down, and still return 21MPG City, so I can't justify spending the extra moneys. That way you have more money alloted to options, like a sunroof, the only thing ours is really missing.