2008 Washington DC Auto Show

Just one comment: the SLR, and its massive list price, begins to look really silly in the wake of the Corvette ZR1.

And believe me, it will be in the ZR1's wake... :)

When I was driving to class on Wednesday, I saw a billboard for the show on the back of a Metrobus. I wanted to go, but couldn't. :(

They usually do a show here in Baltimore as well. I'll have to hit that one up this year.

When I was driving to class on Wednesday, I saw a billboard for the show on the back of a Metrobus. I wanted to go, but couldn't. :(

They usually do a show here in Baltimore as well. I'll have to hit that one up this year.

I always enjoyed going to the Baltimore show whenever I got the chance, but I haven't had the opportunity to go in quite a while.

I always enjoyed going to the Baltimore show whenever I got the chance, but I haven't had the opportunity to go in quite a while.

It's gonna be here next weekend. :smilewide: I gotta see if I can convince my wife to come with me.

If not, :::shrug:::

The show this year was great! I had a fun time.

Commentary:

-'08 Malibu is a commendable effort and looks effing fantastic in gunmetal grey with the ebony/brick interior

-The Volt slaughters the Prius in looks alone

-Enclave pwns RX350

-G8 looks stellar in person, makes the G6 GXP look even more disgusting

-Mazda Tribute (& by extension, Mercury Mariner and Ford Escape) has awful interior materials

-Mazda5 is not for large people

-New Sable and Taurus have roomy, nice interiors and are quite the bargains for the money

-Ford Flex looks good in person, shame the Focus does not

-On the subject of the Focus...yeah, it's pretty lame

-Jaguar XF looks great, too

-The Astra 5-door has surprisingly good interior room, even in the back seat

-'08 Vue > CRV > Sportage/Tuscon >> Rav4

-the new CTS is stunning

-it's sad that the SRX is being phased-out

-new Chrysler vans are pretty good, a bit lax on 3rd row leg room with Swivel 'n Go

-yes, the Sebring and Avenger are that dismal

-Chrysler is discontinuing what is arguably one of it's best products (the Pacifica)

-Camp Jeep is too popular! (I couldn't ride it this year)

-The Magnum really does have bad rear sightlines, as does the Infiniti FX

-Nissan GT-R looks better in person, R34 is still my favorite

-Infiniti EX35 is very nice

-What the hell is that smell in new Hyundais and Kias?!

-Suzuki XL-7 is nice

-The nav system in the Honda Odyssey is very easy to pick up...it took me less than 5 minutes to program it to give me directions from the DC Convention Center to the Greenway Shopping Center in Greenbelt

-the new Accord is excellent

-one of the Camries on the floor had a tarnished & rusty-looking exhaust manifold

-The '08 Highlander's interior has nothing on the Lambdas

-the new Sequioa is a pig of an SUV, outclassed by the GMT-900s & Expedition in terms of interior design and materials quality

-The new Corolla and Matrix are underwhelming

As usual, I enjoyed the show.

Sat in two (or was it three...) Malibu's. Very nicely done cars. Certainly on the list for replacing our 03 Century when the time comes. Unfortunately the Malibu Hybrid was on a platform and couldn't be sat in, as were all of the GMT900 hybrids. :(

No Camaro at all. I thought this rather odd.....

STS-v, I know most don't care for the STS but man I love that car!

CTS, simply beautiful...

Got to sit in an XLR for the first time. Certainly not up to CTS refinement, but still nice. I'd take one. :)

Had to wait in line to sit in the Enclave quite a bit of buzz around it. It's even nicer in person than the pictures.

A G8 GT was on a platform. Very attractive car with what appear to be production wheels. Couldn't touch it though. :(

Spent quite a bit of time (trying not to laugh) around the tundra's. I actually saw the door panel move when I pulled on it to close the door. I know they're show circuit trucks but the 4 wheel drive knob was broken, it fell off when I went to turn it. The 08 Ram across the isle was a nicer truck than this. Speaking of which, the 09 Ram looks very nicely done too.

Camry, yawn, nuff said.