Mom's New (used) Ride

I like the dash cluster the best. My friend who is an architect in Sacramento and has a little kid now, with another in the oven, bought a 2005 Tahoe. He has had good luck with it and really likes it.

Edited by trinacriabob

Uh, well, the bodycolor bumpers and grille, the round foglamps in a special valance, and that style of roof rack were all Z71-only pieces. Does it have gray textured lower body trim along the sides with running boards? It should also have 17" machined-face rims that look different from other Tahoe/Suburbans. Check the option label in the bottom of the glovebox. The options should be listed by codes, in alphabetical order, see if it says "Z71" on it. I know it has the code on the pickups. Edited by ocnblu

Well only reason I ask, is a friend of mine has one as well and he has no exterrior badging on his either. I have seen several on the road just like it, no badges.

Just means the last owner de-badged it...it's clearly a Z71, not an LT (but same interior).

Good choice. 2004 was a fine year...that's what our Suburban was, which served us very well before trading it for the new Malibu at 56k.

What's the mileage and such on this one?

Just means the last owner de-badged it...it's clearly a Z71, not an LT (but same interior).

Good choice. 2004 was a fine year...that's what our Suburban was, which served us very well before trading it for the new Malibu at 56k.

What's the mileage and such on this one?

44,000 miles on it. This thing had an easy life, everything is so clean. Aside from a stain in the carpet in the cargo area, the interrior looks and feels new. It's GM Certified used so the powertrain is backed with a 5 year 100,000 mile warranty.

44,000 miles on it. This thing had an easy life, everything is so clean. Aside from a stain in the carpet in the cargo area, the interrior looks and feels new. It's GM Certified used so the powertrain is backed with a 5 year 100,000 mile warranty.

Great, you should be good to roll for many years then :AH-HA_wink:

Curious...does it have single or double front sunvisors? From '00-03, they all had the much liked double sun visors and then still had some left over for the start of '04, and many early builds had them--our '04 Suburban, built in August '03, did, for example. Does yours or is it just a more common later build?

I always fel the exterior of those were quite handsome...the interior...not so much. BUt at least it looks very well taken care of. Congrats!

Yes, years later, they still look great. Not flashy or out there, but clean, crisp lines, and they really look rich in specific trims (such as the Denali or the Z71 lines).

Having had an '02 Avalanche for 2 years and then an '04 Suburban for 3.5 years until last month, the interiors were too hard, shiny, and cheap, but assembled solidly and everything always "felt right" as far as ergonomics. Just bland city. Actually, of note, our '02 interior was better than the '04 not just because of the tan/black color vs. the gray, but it also had cloth upholstered on the door panels, dual power seats with lumbar even in base cloth form, and a few other touches. From '03 on, they downgraded a lot of the interiors, especially in regards to cheaper leather, door panels that were no longer 2-tone or had any upholstery with certain trims, lights taken away, etc.

Still, great trucks, and as comfortable and generally well put together as others in the class just with drab interior materials and style. The new ones are SO good, and I think still the best or one of the top 2 or 3 among GM, that at least they made up for it. I think the only standing bone of contention with a lot of people is the new, smaller bucket seats vs. the '99-06 buckets which were known as essentially perfect and larger, etc. I think they're both great, but still too give the edge to the old ones even if it was their extra bulk that helped.

Sounds great--what's the delay?

She had a really bad car accident back on December 7. She was hit head on when some stupid little teenage bitch came across a grass median and hit her. My Mom got f@#ke up pretty bad, she wasn't even expected to make it the first 48 hours.

Right now my Mom is doing well, it will be at least another month before she can walk.

She had a really bad car accident back on December 7. She was hit head on when some stupid little teenage bitch came across a grass median and hit her. My Mom got f@#ke up pretty bad, she wasn't even expected to make it the first 48 hours.

Right now my Mom is doing well, it will be at least another month before she can walk.

Oh wow, so sorry to hear that--glad she's doing better.

At least one thing, if the climb up doesn't become a nuisance, few vehicles are as comfortable, safe, and fun (all in one) as these SUV's. I actually know of a few people specifically with different disabilities that have Tahoes, Suburbans, etc. simply because they're one of the few things they can actually drive and ride in comfortably from a seat & space standpoint.

Oh wow, so sorry to hear that--glad she's doing better.

At least one thing, if the climb up doesn't become a nuisance, few vehicles are as comfortable, safe, and fun (all in one) as these SUV's. I actually know of a few people specifically with different disabilities that have Tahoes, Suburbans, etc. simply because they're one of the few things they can actually drive and ride in comfortably from a seat & space standpoint.

The climb up can be a pain, but she can just slide out. She has always wanted a Tahoe and she can't wait to drive it. She has ridden in it and loves it. She likes how high up she sits.