2008 or 2009 Pontiac G8

08.. there already off the boats

Just because they are off the boat already doesn't mean they are 08 models.

Here's what I mean:

2008 GM Product Information Guide I don't see the G8 here.

2008 Pontiac Overview I see it is a 2008 here.

GM 2008 Chicago Auto Show I see 2009 mentioned here though.

For the longest time they never said what year is was. They would just call it Pontiac G8 available in early 2008 like here: Pontiac Announces G8 Pricing

It not really a big deal, but for the longest time I wasn't sure and it didn't look like GM knew. I was just looking for a solid confirmation.

That's the problem with model years, it's open to interpretation as it's not well specified by government regulations. According to Wikipedia, a particular model year can be sold starting from January 2nd of the previous year, but typically it's from October 1 of the previous year:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Model_year

Not sure why manufacturer's identifiers like VE used for the current Commodore didn't catch on in the US?

It is 2008.

It will be a short model year with the 09s being built earlier in the 2008 calendar year than usual.

A number of options will become available in the 2009s that the 08s don't offer. Pricinpal among them will be the manual transmission.

What other options do you know about that you can say here?

Update from a poster on the G8 Board:

First off, color lineup for 2009:

#11-White Hot

#17-Maverick Silver (NEW)

#18-Magnetic Gray (n/a on GXP)

#26-Sport Red (NEW)

#39-Stryker Blue (NEW)

#62-Liquid Red

#64-Karma Metallic (NEW)

#80-Panther Black

#25-Stealth Blue and #77 Ignition Orange appear to be out, so if you want either of those two colors you'll have to act fast.

Same interior codes as 2008. The GXP will only come in leather but shows the same codes as the others. Guess there might be special sticking or embossing.

The GXP will have specific 19" polished WHeels with the Summer tires or a new All-Season tire in the same size.

All three models are showing the XM code of U2K and the Bluetooth code.

GXP will be the only one offering a 6-speed manual it looks like.

GXP will have it's own FE3 High Performance Suspension and different rear axle ratios. It shows two possibilitites. a 3.70 and a 3.27.

No word yet on engine option with GXP. Stay tuned.

Karma!

I think my color choice may have been decided.

i thought gxp was getting the 436hp mill from the base vette?

this for me means no stick with a basic GT or the v6. So that rules out stick for me. I may have to consider if the g8 is feasible for me. I wanted a stick and the GXP will be too pricey. I can live with the automatic i guess, but then it doesn't matter to me whether its v6 or v8. It will become a price dependent decision. I wish the v6 had DI. Any chance the 09 v6 has DI?

A v6 DI with AWD stick would be the way i would be happy with my G8. I think the RWD only may mean I will have to cross it off the list as I really want AWD in my next vehicle. but i really love the G8.