Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

2010 Buick Invicta 5-Seater Crossover

InvictaMan

I had such a blast with this chop that I had to see what others thought about expanding the Buick line-up to include such a vehicle. It was posted first over in the "smaller car under LaCrosse" topic, and I didn't want to clutter the compact discussion with crossover fantasy. Talk about the design you would envision. Let your thoughts be known on what platform, what content, etc. that such a vehicle should have. Would it attract the younger buyers, as well as the older segment? Could such a vehicle compete in the near-luxury 5-seater market?

I'll take one in my garage!

Invicta Compact Crossover Concept

Invicta Compact Crossover Concept Rear

Edited by InvictaMan

Cool, what's this thing supposed to be like Matrix/vibe-sized?

What's up with the front fascia? It makes the thing look like it's listing.

Also, it's not high resolution if you blow up the small image and it becomes pixelated. :P

The whole exercise was done on a lower resolution image that I had stuck away and resampled, but thanks for your criticisms.

I think it may have potential.

My parents are looking at a luxury crossover to replace their old Regal GS. I finally, I think, got them off the Lexus RX bandwagon. They've seen the new Enclave and actually like it.....however.....my folks are still thinking it's too big for their needs. They don't need three rows of seating, but they would like something that sits a bit higher up....and that they can haul some stuff in.

A smaller, 5-seat "Enclave" would be perfect for them.

Cool crossover! I like the Buick Centiemme Concept look. Buick has plenty of room in its lineup for a sub-Enclave crossover and this one would be a perfect fit. It should be built on the upcoming Theta-Epsilon platform that is to underpin the Cadillac BRX and Saab 9-4X.

I envision this concept being the near-luxury sports car for those of us that have to haul some things. SWB would be fine as long as Tiger has room for the clubs.

I actually would like to see some class-leading cargo room in this. And come creative use of space for storage. I also want the performance that makes me forget that it's all back there.

I just came back and looked at the two together, and it was perfectly obvious how these two vehicles will reach out to two different markets.

For those of us who will want to make the inevitable comparisons and differentiations. Here are the siblings side-by-side.

Invicta Compact Crossover Concept

Buick Enclave

Edited by InvictaMan

Works for me.

Future Buick Line Up Link

In this scenario, the Super designation is resigned and the top content, luxury and/or performance packages are as follows:

Enclave Ultra, Electra Park Avenue, Regal Ultra, Regal GSX, Invicta Ultra and Riviera GSX.

Base models carry the name only and are contented and tuned to buyer preference.

Five vehicles on four platforms. A mix of RWD, FWD, AWD. And eleven different models available based on premium packaging options. And this line is not so bad on the green side either, with performance and luxury models on the smallest platforms, that contribute to a full range of sizes and functions. Bringing back the Golden Age of auto buying to this premium marque by letting the buyer custom order the base vehicles to their preferences, making them personalized.

Edited by InvictaMan

I'm liking the Riviera chop so far but I'm getting an El Camino vibe from the rear end. Try making the roof extend further back to fix that and I think it would be perfect. I dont know where I stand as far as the ventiports go, since no Riviera has ever had them. But given the current trend at Buick, it could work.

Edited by Delta Force79

I'm liking the Riviera chop so far but I'm getting an El Camino vibe from the rear end. Try making the roof extend further back to fix that and I think it would be perfect. I dont know where I stand as far as the ventiports go, since no Riviera has ever had them. But given the current trend at Buick, it could work.

LOL, yeah, that is the actual rear end of the Velite, straight out of the photo. I agree with your thought though. And as for the ventiports, the Riviera has never been a compact luxury coupe either, so we are treading all new waters here with the advent of fuel prices. I think the ports are something that will resonate with both older Buick buyers and with younger drivers who like the iconic bling. It is becoming an iconic detail in Buick styling (as well as many other Brands who seem to think it is cool).

I still prefer the Rapid name but yeah, this is definitely a superb idea! Skip the ugly Centieme styling-can anyone envision a more futuristic Enclave?

I still prefer the Rapid name but yeah, this is definitely a superb idea! Skip the ugly Centieme styling-can anyone envision a more futuristic Enclave?

Rapid sounds more like a Dodge or Chrysler. I think it lacks the Buick history which apparently appeals to both the US and Chinese markets right now. But I would love to see more concepts of such a vehicle. Actually, I'd like to see both the Invicta and Riviera, since the concept has evolved here to build two vehicles off the same platform, a compact crossover and a compact coupe.

Edited by InvictaMan