Odd pairings

ocnblu

Last night as I was sitting alone and pitiful, enjoying my dinner at a local spot, in walks a pair of folks that made me stare a bit: a little, gray haired with glasses skinflint, 5'2" white dude in his late 50's, with a 5'10" black girl in her 30's, with a Supremes hairdo.

:blink:

Made the rest of the room look boring.

Does anyone else enjoy the sport of "people watching"?

People watching is definitely a big part of my day...there's nothing better to do when walking to and from class, right? And lots of diversity in LA... The best are the cell phone conversations where the girls forget that they are in public and start sharing way more than they prolly realize!

There's idiots and wackos everywhere!

[post="32666"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

He he. I'm one of the obsessed nerds staring at a dashboard & gauge cluster for a '62 Caddy and thinking about buying it if only so I can get the rest of the car later. :P

People watching is definitely a big part of my day...there's nothing better to do when walking to and from class, right?  And lots of diversity in LA...

[post="32489"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

I am thinking about traveling to Southern California in the late spring for about 4 days. I love to take long walks - 6 to 12 miles - and people watch. I'd appreciate knowing the best places in the Los Angeles area for long walks and people watching.

I am thinking about traveling to Southern California in the late spring for about 4 days.  I love to take long walks - 6 to 12 miles - and people watch.  I'd appreciate knowing the best places in the Los Angeles area for long walks and people watching.

[post="32813"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Santa Monica is great...Third Street Promenade, the Pier, the Beach...all good places. Hollywood is good, too; lot's of interesting people there. Downtown LA isn't that good, though. USC is great. Beverly Hills can be interesting as well.

Santa Monica is great...Third Street Promenade, the Pier, the Beach...all good places.  Hollywood is good, too; lot's of interesting people there.  Downtown LA isn't that good, though.  USC is great.  Beverly Hills can be interesting as well.

[post="32910"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Thanks. Those were the areas I was thinking about. I just hope I can find a place to park a rental car so that I can take some nice long walks.

Thanks.  Those were the areas I was thinking about.  I just hope I can find a place to park a rental car so that I can take some nice long walks.

[post="32942"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Santa Monica has parking structures everywhere...parking is not a problem. Beverly Hills ditto just use the bi-level garages off Little Santa Monica Boulevard. There's very little parking around USC...and Hollywood is street parking or expensive surface lot parking.

Santa Monica has parking structures everywhere...parking is not a problem.  Beverly Hills ditto just use the bi-level garages off Little Santa Monica Boulevard.  There's very little parking around USC...and Hollywood is street parking or expensive surface lot parking.

[post="32947"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Thanks again. Looking at the map, Exposition Park is close to USC; perhaps there would be parking there.

I went to a concert last night, one of the big rock groups of the late 70s. Well, turns out, that the first 3 hours was bull riding!!!! So, needless to say, I saw LOTS of interesting people. Those who think that nascar fans are "country", just check out the fans of rodeo "sports"! LOL Imagine this happening in a blue state...they made a call out for patriotic young people to young the armed forces, and they got dozens and dozens of them!!! They swore them into the military right there and marched them out of the arena. That wowed me. While I wondered what was going through their heads and the heads of those who went with them, just planning on watching rodeo and end up having their special someone join the army! Thank God for them though. Anyway, the big belt buckle crowd stayed for a few minutes of the rock concert when it finally started, then promptly took their kids and girlfriends with big teased up country hair and pink cowgirl boots and left us music lovers to enjoy a great band.

camino and i usually take 10-30 minutes eatting breakfast at the local Wawa (for those not familar convience store of the tristate area) and watch the idiots attempting to move about the parking lot. and so that it is know why it is so entertaining...the lot is built for roughly 20 cars, at a Wawa that will have more than 300 or so people coming in with in the hours of 7-9am same for lunch

BBL: sounds like fun.

Does anybody else like watching to see the types of cars people drive? I noticed a lot of hot girls drive VWs. I'm always looking to see whos driving what.

Yes, I do. And a lot of times you can develop a sort of schema or really get an idea of who or what type of person the brand or car is appealing to. Thus seeing if the company's marketing is working right. :)

It's not a sophisticated technique, but it works.

People are fun to stare at... until they stare back. Very, very creepy.

Funny you say that...

I get stared at ALL the time because of my size (I'm 6'9" at about 375 lbs.) It makes me very self concious, but I can understand why people would stare... Oh, BTW, my GF is short too.

I enjoy people watching, ESPECIALLY in the town I live in; Asheville NC. Rolling Stone named it the "freak capital of America"

I'm by no means a freak but in Asheville my appearance is normal (Rock star/biker/blue collar mechanic vibe) when I go to Charlotte (2nd biggest banking town in America) people look at me like I'm a freak.

It's good clean fun either way.

• 2 weeks later...
I enjoy people-watching...mainly at malls and other crowded places. I often look at (what appears to be) a couple and wonder "what brought THOSE two together....?" But relationship dynamics, attraction, intimacy, and love are very compliated and hard-to-explain...they can be fragile. Finding satisfaction and compatibility is nothing short of a small miracle. So I look at couples with respect and curiousity, rather than being critical or judgmental based on appearances.