Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SuperSport623

Photoshoppers!

10 posts in this topic

whats the fastest way to change a cars color that looks good? ive seen hundreds of techniques online, im trying to find the easiest/best way... thanks!

cool! just wish there was a better way of making a complete selection then lasso... magic wand doesnt do the greatest job either :P

Hmm ... I am not totally sure if the same rule applies to PS 7.0 just yet, but I know in Elements you could hit CTRL then either Shift or ALT and add to your selection using the polygonal lasso tool.

Hmm ... I am not totally sure if the same rule applies to PS 7.0 just yet, but I know in Elements you could hit CTRL then either Shift or ALT and add to your selection using the polygonal lasso tool.

yep, same stuff.... im just not too experienced.. i guess this means i just have another excuse to spend more time on the laptop! :P

Another tip would to be to use smaller clicks when using the PLT so you will get a more precise outline.

The best tool is the pen tool. No other tool can make as precise and exact selections as it. It takes time but IMHO it's by far the best method.

My favorite is the replace color function in the edit--->image section. It allows you to select several various hues and change the hue, lightness, and saturation instantly. The ability to select all the various hues of a color makes you able to accurately change the color of the whole object while leaving shadows and other effects in their place.

Back when I did a lot of it I liked to use the PLT and just made very small selections (utilizing ctrl/alt methods.)

The pen tool is definitely superior, though it comes with a much steeper learning curve. I started to learn it, then I lost interest in photoshop for a while.

With the selections I made, I would often change colors by overlaying other colors in such a way that would preserve reflections.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0