Video of Buick Invicta Concept

wildcat

The website carscoop.blogspot.com recently featured a video of the designers of the Buick Invicta concept car talking about the project. At :07-:08 into the video, there is a scene with two women standing near some art boards. What is the vehicle on the board to the very right? It almost looks like a two-door (?) Buick "Volt," with a high, blocky back.

To see the video (and, hopefully, to give your opinion as to what that vehicle on the board is), click here.

Edited by wildcat

Pontiac_Custom-S: Thank you! (I didn't say that too loudly, did I?)

In fact, from 3:07-3:10, there is another 2-door design, the "blocky" Volt-like one I'm talking about, the same vehicle seen at :07-:08. (On the board, this one is tacked up to the left; the one that Pontiac_Custom-S observed, which to my eyes is a more aerodynamic-looking one, is to the right.)

So there are at least two designs of interest to Buick fans.

Edited by wildcat

Or you could check the several videos from GM at:

GM - Corporate (MRM)-Brightcove

http://www.youtube.com/GMnext/

http://gmtv.feedroom.com/

I think you are talking about the Studio Stories video of the Invicta at Brightcove—behind Leslie Green, at about 2:57 in to the video (47s from the end) you can see two coupes, one of which looks like a redesigned Volt, and a little later, to the left of that, another silver coupe (or is it a pickup?).

Voltimage.jpg

NDcoupe.jpg

That first one sure has a lot of CTS coupe written all over it, with curves. Perhaps a compact coupe and roadster off the Delta II?

It even favors a little bit of...

This Baby

The rear top half of this vehicle is very blurry in the still. Could it be that this is not a coupe at all? Could this be a sleek compact CUV, with a low roof line, updated Rendezvous rear design?

And I'm actually intrigued by the roadster. A new Reatta. Power fold hard top, nice, I like the muscular lines that look like they form an air vent for the rear wheels. That rear looks kind of like one of the preliminary Riviera concept sketches. Looks like a practical roadster, with lots of room for top and clubs in the back. I really liked the Velite headlight configuration, and the Riviera Concept too, hope we see more of that thinking when we see front ends.

Going back and looking at some of the sketches they released on the Riviera Concept, you can really see some of that development in these two vehicles. Look at the top image and then look at

these sketches.

Then look at the bottom vehicle and look at

these sketches.

Interesting the similarities in bits and pieces of the concepts.

Edited by InvictaMan

• 2 weeks later...

I'm still waitin' for production pictures and specs. I know I shouldn't hold my breath... we probably won't get them until like November or December.