Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

High and Low...

I kinda feel a bit screwed up here. It can be really tough when you hit high and lows at the same time...

I'm geeked about my little guy on the way (little Zachary will be born on monday), and couldn't be happier about my family right now...

BUT...

The job that I was supposed to start next week changed their mind at the last minute (after all the paperwork was done :blink: ), Which was supposed to help my growing family, and get the house I we wanted within a few months...

Granted, that was rough. But today I get the news that my current job plans to lay me off within the next week or too...

and I was like :blink:

And finding a job in Michigan is not easy. And as much as I would like to move, we are tied here money wise for at least a few months....and our family is pretty much here-which will be important to little Zach.

And I am just so confused.....

Sorry guys, I really needed to Vent this....been a rough week.....

Come to Alberta, we're booming right now we have a labor shortage that means you'll be hired off the plane and this labor crunch has also driven wages up...

Alberta's economy is one of the strongest in Canada, supported by the burgeoning petroleum industry and, to a lesser extent, agriculture and technology. The per capita GDP in 2006 was by far the highest of any province in Canada at C$69,789 (USD $61,500), and was higher than all US states. This was 56% higher than the national average and more than twice that of some of the Atlantic provinces. This deviation from the national average was the largest for any province in Canadian history.

Alberta is the richest province in Canada (GDP per capita wise) and if it were its own country, it would be ranked second richest in the world (after Luxembourg). The average Albertan salary is more than $7,000 US higher than the American average.

In all seriousness I'm really sorry to hear about this, hopefully you'll get back on your feet soon.

Edited by vonVeezelsnider

Congrats on zach.

Too bad about your jobs. Things need to change here quick i went down gratiot the other day and its like a ghost town many closed stores. I heard Telegraph is getting that way.

I'm hoping for the best for you!

Congrats on zach.

Too bad about your jobs. Things need to change here quick i went down gratiot the other day and its like a ghost town many closed stores. I heard Telegraph is getting that way.

I'm hoping for the best for you!

Thanks Cap...

Yeah, I noticed that around here....

I've seen so many empty shops in Canton....a few even closed right across from Ikea! :blink:

That is the reason I'm getting tossed out on my butt...... :rolleyes:

Dammit, I'll find something around here.....

Though Canada doesn't sound bad.... :scratchchin:

That's just crazy, are you the only one being let go, or are there others. The reason I ask, they may have let you go because you were leaving. Companies can be heartless when they want to be. What kind of work do you do, it might be good to let us know, someone here may know someone that needs someone, it never hurts to network. Best of luck Dave.

That's just crazy, are you the only one being let go, or are there others. The reason I ask, they may have let you go because you were leaving. Companies can be heartless when they want to be. What kind of work do you do, it might be good to let us know, someone here may know someone that needs someone, it never hurts to network. Best of luck Dave.

Me, and a few others...and yes, they know about the little guy, which made it worse... :(

Sad part is that they didn't care.....

Work? I am in retail now ( been laid off a few times these last few years- Bad luck , I guess)

My degree is in Marketing, but lately I've been thinking about HR or Admin.......

I'm kinda an open book right now. :)