Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

Camaro News: Chevrolet Camaro to be sold in Europe, U.K.

Camaro News: Chevrolet Camaro to be sold in Europe, U.K.
Camaro may not be branded with Chevrolet badges for European markets.
transformers-chevy-camaro-concept-bumble
Link to original Article @ Autoblog

Wayne Brannon, Chief Executive of Chevrolet Europe, has confirmed that the UK will be getting its own right-hand-drive version of the Camaro when it goes on sale in early 2010. 1,000 coupe and convertible variants, powered by a 400 bhp, 6.0-liter engine, will be produced with RHD, and it's suspected that about 300 units of each will make their way to dealers in The Kingdom after the Camaro makes its European debut at the London Motor Show.

However, there is some debate about where the Camaro will be sold. Chevrolet is considered a budget brand abroad, so there's apparently some consternation about selling the Camaro with the bowtie badge. While it's likely that it will still be sold through Chevy dealers in Europe, there's a possibility that it will be marketed as a separate brand in the UK, similar to Corvette.

So does this mean we will see a return of the Camaro badge overseas? :scratchchin:

1718187055_8fe4f693d1.jpg

CAlling it anything other than a Chevrolet Camaro would be idiotic.

Selling it in Europe & other parts of the world? WHY NOT?

Ask some European millionare who daily drives a Chrysler Viper &

has a warehouse full of 60s Musclecars and I'm sure he;ll be for it.

CAlling it anything other than a Chevrolet Camaro would be idiotic.

word.

while the average European might have a negative opinion of Chevy (not saying they do, this is just for arguments sake), anybody who's actually considering buying one KNOWS its a Chevy, and I think its fair to say the average person would also know its a Chevy

I guess Zeta's not so unfit for Europe after all.

Sorry, I had to say it :D

The F Body Camaro was advertised under the Chevrolet brand in Europe. I don't see what the problem is.

The turbo I4 could help with sales over here, but if the whole Camaro lineup matches the Corvette's European sales numbers that's a tiny victory for GM.

Edited by ZL-1

The problem is simple the Chevy we know here is not the same preception Chevy has in Europe.

Chevy over there is now mostly just Cheap Daewoo cars like the sensable car used in the one lap by a celeberty on Top Gear. The Camaro is going to be like the Vette and not be a very cheap car in Europe.

VW ran into trouble with this same image problem when they tried to sell there $80K+ large sedan here in the states and for the most people here see VW not as a car worth paying $80 K for. It was a very good car but if you were going to spend that much on a German car it would not be for a VW. In Europe VW is placed higher on the scale than what many in the states do as too many here still think of VW as a cheap affordable European imoport that they would pay $25 K for but in no way $80K for.

The Vette is questioned here anymore just for costing so much vs the rest of the Chevy line. In Europe there line in weven more low end and mostr people over there are not as familiar with Chevy as we are except for the odd impoort they see that a service men have imported.

I sell a lot of GM parts to people with Camaro's around the world andfor the most it is a Camaro not a Chevrolet. The same with the Vette as I just had a Arab who wanted to buy more stability for his Z06 He never said Chevy or Corvette Just Z06 like many others.

From what I deal with on a daily day this is a none issue for us and only a way to help sell the Camaro at a higher price than the average Chevy in Europe. We have to understand that the Camaro name is not Baseball Apple Pie and Chevrolet to the. It is just plain Camaro or Z/28 and that is genrerally what is most important to the owners Chevy is just a secondary title.

This is not one world as many of the wolrd other people see thing differently than we do.