writing a book

Well I have always wanted to write a book and I think know would be the time. The biggest challenge for me is what to write about and who's my audience and would people care. Also its a promise I need to carry out. Before my friend Jay was KIA He always joked about writing a story of our lives in the military and Call it "The life story of an nonexistent person." one thing I'm not short of, is story's, or plot lines, but If i told my story it would have no direction and kind of whiny.

So some questions would you be interested in reading about my life?

Is it worth it?

What should i call it?

What message should i try to put across? Do i target it to the youngsters in high school and to not do what i did? Or to the Should of, Would Of, Depressed middle aged people?

Have any of you wrote a book or decided to?

IF you want i Can post the readers digest version to give you guys an idea about what it would be about.

Well I have always wanted to write a book and I think know would be the time. The biggest challenge for me is what to write about and who's my audience and would people care. Also its a promise I need to carry out. Before my friend Jay was KIA He always joked about writing a story of our lives in the military and Call it "The life story of an nonexistent person." one thing I'm not short of, is story's, or plot lines, but If i told my story it would have no direction and kind of whiny.

So some questions would you be interested in reading about my life?

Is it worth it?

What should i call it?

What message should i try to put across? Do i target it to the youngsters in high school and to not do what i did? Or to the Should of, Would Of, Depressed middle aged people?

Have any of you wrote a book or decided to?

IF you want i Can post the readers digest version to give you guys an idea about what it would be about.

The only question should be "how can I write this story to make it interesting?" Everyone's life is something that would be interesting for others to read, but it depends on how it's written. And while it might not be "worth it" monetarily, there's definitely something in your life's story (and/or Jay's) that you feel needs to be told...and that's the value.

Don't worry about what to call it until it's in progress or even completed. Titles are more about marketing than what the books about, so just don't worry about it.

Analyze the whole story...what have you learned? What's the outcome of the story to be told? Who would gain the most from reading the story? THEN write it in that direction.

I worked on a book (as editor, not writer) that seemed like a good topic. But the way it was written, I barely wanted to read it and I had to. I have a few books floating around in my head (and even partially on my computer), but I haven't properly answered the questions I've posed to you. If you can answer them, you're ahead of me and I wish you the best of luck.

Perhaps the best thing you can get out of writing this story is what makes your life's experience good instead of looking at it from the point of view of "Depressed middle aged people"...we've got enough of that and most of us want an alternative. Sure, the tourtured artist is always highlighted but what about those who have overcome the adversity in their lives and realized what they've actually done? There's good in every life and seeing that life as half full instead of half empty is the difference between concentrating on living a great life and one that is spent pining for the "Should of, Would Of."

The only question should be "how can I write this story to make it interesting?" Everyone's life is something that would be interesting for others to read, but it depends on how it's written. And while it might not be "worth it" monetarily, there's definitely something in your life's story (and/or Jay's) that you feel needs to be told...and that's the value.

Don't worry about what to call it until it's in progress or even completed. Titles are more about marketing than what the books about, so just don't worry about it.

Analyze the whole story...what have you learned? What's the outcome of the story to be told? Who would gain the most from reading the story? THEN write it in that direction.

I will have to think about these, This makes a lot of sense I will try to answer some of these my self.

My life would make an excellent movie but they always say to book version is always better.

I will work on a quick story line for you blu. maybe make an intro.

I worked on a book (as editor, not writer) that seemed like a good topic. But the way it was written, I barely wanted to read it and I had to. I have a few books floating around in my head (and even partially on my computer), but I haven't properly answered the questions I've posed to you. If you can answer them, you're ahead of me and I wish you the best of luck.

Perhaps the best thing you can get out of writing this story is what makes your life's experience good instead of looking at it from the point of view of "Depressed middle aged people"...we've got enough of that and most of us want an alternative. Sure, the tourtured artist is always highlighted but what about those who have overcome the adversity in their lives and realized what they've actually done? There's good in every life and seeing that life as half full instead of half empty is the difference between concentrating on living a great life and one that is spent pining for the "Should of, Would Of."

Some very good insight.....

I would buy a notebook, and try to put a little something together...like the early years, Time overseas, and the like...

And just write down some of the highlights (or lowlights) and go from there...

Oh, so it will be an obituary?

:AH-HA_wink:

Oh I think there is going to be a funeral alright, but not mine, perhaps a brand or two's. Well whatever happens, just remember I put the FUN in funeral. When I do finally go to the big GM Boardroom in the sky, on my tombstone I'm having engraved, "SEE I TOLD YOU I WAS SICK". :smilewide:

Oh I think there is going to be a funeral alright, but not mine, perhaps a brand or two's. Well whatever happens, just remember I put the FUN in funeral. When I do finally go to the big GM Boardroom in the sky, on my tombstone I'm having engraved, "SEE I TOLD YOU I WAS SICK". :smilewide:

A brand or two... and then the whole corporation.

:lol:

Well, when you gotta go....