Chesterbrook Cruise Night

Great pics, Camino. It's good to see a Mercury that's close to stock (the black 2-door), and not destroyed by being chopped or otherwise defaced.

At my brother's wedding, we had my Dad's '67 Malibu SS396, my stepmom's '72 Luxury LeMans, brother's '68 Malibu 327, his friend's dad's '68 Malibu 327, and another of his friends' '69 F-100. I got to drive the '72 Pontiac and my bro's '68 Malibu. One thing that's so cool about older cars is their infinite ability to be modified. So much of that is gone now, with new cars, except for a few.

Great pics, Camino. It's good to see a Mercury that's close to stock (the black 2-door), and not destroyed by being chopped or otherwise defaced.

At my brother's wedding, we had my Dad's '67 Malibu SS396, my stepmom's '72 Luxury LeMans, brother's '68 Malibu 327, his friend's dad's '68 Malibu 327, and another of his friends' '69 F-100. I got to drive the '72 Pontiac and my bro's '68 Malibu. One thing that's so cool about older cars is their infinite ability to be modified. So much of that is gone now, with new cars, except for a few.

Posting them was my pleasure, glad you guys enjoyed them.

That Mercury is beyond clean - a black car at its finest.

Anyone even semi-local should try to catch this cruise night - good stuff always shows up.

NICE, Camino!

Cool '71 MC, too. Did you meet and/or talk to the owner, by chance? Only MC there?

And, I'm guessing Chesterbrook is on the east side of PA, near Philly...right?

Cort:34swm."Mr Monte Carlo.Mr Road Trip".pig valve&pacemaker

WRMNshowcase.legos.HO.models.MCs.RTs.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort

"All it needs is just a little time" ... Jeff Carson ... 'The Car'

NICE, Camino!

Cool '71 MC, too. Did you meet and/or talk to the owner, by chance? Only MC there?

And, I'm guessing Chesterbrook is on the east side of PA, near Philly...right?

Cort:34swm."Mr Monte Carlo.Mr Road Trip".pig valve&pacemaker

WRMNshowcase.legos.HO.models.MCs.RTs.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort

"All it needs is just a little time" ... Jeff Carson ... 'The Car'

The '71 was the only M/C there this time, except for the wheels and hood it looked bone stock. But, when it fired up that all changed. This thing could send Harleys running for cover (yes, that loud). I didn't talk to the owner.

Chesterbrook is actually West of Philly, and adjacent to Valley Forge park. The actual address there is Wayne, PA. but it is actually closer to Berwyn than Wayne proper.

Nice turnout (LOT of Chevys, tho :rolleyes: ). Merc looks perfect.... still calls for a chop. :P

'58 Impy needs a 1-2" drop- riding like a Jeep. Otherwise gorgeous.

One wonders why GM felt the need to build a 5th 'badge-engineered' version of a '58 coupe when they already had a Cadillac, Buick, Olds & Pontiac 'version', ya know ?? :P :P :P :P

Edited by balthazar

Nice turnout (LOT of Chevys, tho :rolleyes: ). Merc looks perfect.... still calls for a chop. :P

'58 Impy needs a 1-2" drop- riding like a Jeep. Otherwise gorgeous.

One wonders why GM felt the need to build a 5th 'badge-engineered' version of a '58 coupe when they already had a Cadillac, Buick, Olds & Pontiac 'version', ya know ?? :P :P :P :P

:lol:

The owner of that Impala would have a coronary if he read your post!

Did you see the GP?

It appeared to be a really nice survivor car in very good condition.

Wow, love the white 58 Chev, the Nova is damn near perfect...

Thanks also for posting the nice pics of the Ivy green mustang and the sweet 36 Ford. of all the cars there, I say I'd most like to have the 36 Ford stocker/resto...I am a sucker for restored 30's Fords and Chevy's...maybe the last one on the planet that doesn't want to see every blessed car turned into a street rod.

But thanks again, Camino!

Chris

Posting them was my pleasure, glad you guys enjoyed them.

That Mercury is beyond clean - a black car at its finest.

Anyone even semi-local should try to catch this cruise night - good stuff always shows up.

Very nice pics Camino, so when is this cruise night, monthly, quarterly, smemi annually?

What exit do I get off on 202, is it after route 29 heading north, where old Worthington steel use to be?

Edited by Pontiac Custom-S

Very nice pics Camino, so when is this cruise night, monthly, quarterly, smemi annually?

What exit do I get off on 202, is it after route 29 heading north, where old Worthington steel use to be?

Thanks.

It's monthly (the 4th Saturday of each month beginning about 4PM).

You can get off 202 at the Chesterbrook exit (Swedesford rd), then go to 252 and make a left. At the second light, make a left onto Chesterbrook boulevard. You will see a shopping center on your right. Use the second entrance and you are there.

Thanks.

It's monthly (the 4th Saturday of each month beginning about 4PM).

You can get off 202 at the Chesterbrook exit (Swedesford rd), then go to 252 and make a left. At the second light, make a left onto Chesterbrook boulevard. You will see a shopping center on your right. Use the second entrance and you are there.

I know that exit, it's how I sneak into Berwyn to get to my Thai restaurant.

The '71 was the only M/C there this time, except for the wheels and hood it looked bone stock. But, when it fired up that all changed. This thing could send Harleys running for cover (yes, that loud). I didn't talk to the owner.

Chesterbrook is actually West of Philly, and adjacent to Valley Forge park. The actual address there is Wayne, PA. but it is actually closer to Berwyn than Wayne proper.

Too bad I won't be in the area during one of these in August....

I asked about the '71 because it looks familiar. Wonder if he is a First Gen MC member...and, if so, why he was there instead of the FGMC meet in Greensburg this past weekend.... I'll have to get pics ready to share from that event, if people are interested.