Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
NOS2006

Sketch Competition #26 - The Savior

34 posts in this topic

Welcome to Sketch Competition #26!

buickrivieraconceptcoupxy9.jpghummerhxconcept2008800xtq1.jpg

With all the pain and agony that everyone, especially GM, is going through in the industry right now, everybody needs that one vehicle to bring their name to the top, a savior so to speak. GM's got rumors of a couple brands being on the chopping block or for sale and the whole industry is in for a change soon due to CAFE. However, is it an economical car that would bring GM's most lacking brands to the top? Maybe, but not necessarily in an industry like today's, where every car must have the fit and finish of a Cadillac and looks that stand out from the crowd.

Should you accept, your task will be to design the savior car to any GM brand you'd like. Whether you think it'd be Buick's Invicta, Hummer's HX, Chevy's Impala, Pontiac's Firebird, or anything else you're more than welcome to share your thoughts, dreams, and desires. What would bring Buick to the top? How about Hummer or Pontiac? The pen is in your hands...

Please include at minimum 2 (two) of the following:
*3/4 Front View
*3/4 Rear View
*Interior View

**Entries without two perspectives will still be accepted, but will incur a 2-point penalty at the end of voting**

Remember, people will be voting based on the overall presentation of your entry, so the more views the better, including ones not specifically listed above.

Aside from 800x600 size guidelines, remember this should be .

Deadline is Sunday, August 3rd @ 11:59PM your local time.

Good luck!

ill take my time on this one. i really like the idea, so ill work extra hard :-)

Chevrolet Cobalt Concept : (original sketches & a color rendering )

cobaltss1pj2.jpg

Edited by MRDETROITMETAL

It looks French :lol: but that also a really interesting concept.

I decided to overhaul the front end drawing because i thought it didnt match the rear. Heres my new entry.

buicklucernefrontht0.jpg

buicklucernerearub6.jpg

buicklucerneinteriorhi3.jpg

Edited by Agent Y

just another quick one for ya...Alpha Platform design base ( Chevy version )....;

gmalpha1vk8.jpg

Edited by MRDETROITMETAL

In that case, here's my second and last entry.....

PONTIAC GTO

Turbodiesel / Zeta powered

mail0001vo3.jpg

mail0003lg5.jpg

Edited by Agent Y

Sorry I'm a bit late. I made two attempts before getting it right on the third, so that's why it took a while.

corsaprofilefinaloh8.jpg

corsainteriorfinallp0.jpg

Edited by Argen

Sorry I'm a bit late. I made two attempts before getting it right on the third, so that's why it took a while.

corsaprofilefinaloh8.jpg

corsainteriorfinallp0.jpg

Hey Argen, that's some very nice color and clean drawing you have there. Only thing is that your car looks squished...too short and too narrow...like a clown car. If you stretch it out and lower the roof it'lllook sick...I know, I tried it. :P

If you wanna see you can PM me.

nice job, argen. I love the interior and although the outside could use a stretch, its not too shabby either. I only have one problem. What's it's name?

Could we get a dozen entries out of this if I extended it a bit longer?

Argen: What's it called?

Good, I just have a revised one that I wanted to complete tonight to replace my firebird entry. Though it isn't any better. I will probably post it tonight or tomorrow, though I got a lot of setting ups to do for my hard drive failed on my again so I had to get a new one that I just formatted and installed the windows on. :(

Edit: Done. though it isn't any better, but I do think it came out wee bit OK than the one I have enterred before.

Edited by Diehard GrandPrix Fan

post-9566-1218049527_thumb.jpg

i know its late i just wanted to get it on, my iternet was downed right when i pushed send last time (i dont normally do three quarter veiws)

its the cobalt/cruze