Who Cadillac Should Be Gunning For...

With all the talk of GM division crossover, I've always said that Cadillac wouldn't have to worry about the likes of Buick stepping on their heels if they were aiming at the right competitors. Apparently one of their should be competitors is feeling the heat from the new CTS, their new baby car sure looks a lot like it in design characteristics. You can bet that the interior of this will be a level for Cadillac to envy though.

Link To Leftlane Article

With all the talk of GM division crossover, I've always said that Cadillac wouldn't have to worry about the likes of Buick stepping on their heels if they were aiming at the right competitors. Apparently one of their should be competitors is feeling the heat from the new CTS, their new baby car sure looks a lot like it in design characteristics. You can bet that the interior of this will be a level for Cadillac to envy though.

Link To Leftlane Article

Rolls Royce is different league from cadillac and at the present moment out of reach for Caddy.If GM had money and a will they could aim at Mercedes (which is probably standard of the world if we don't include ultraluxury -small-number -selling cars) but caddy don't have any car which can't compete against c class or S class. CTS is E class competitor (at least here in Europe) but at present moment it offers only 3 different engine. They need v8 for below V series model and v12 ( nd big rwd or awd sedan) if they thinking about going after germans. But since GM doesn't have money i doubt they will go after German trio.

The 'baby' rolls will undoubtedly be a disappointment as the big bus rolls is.

I'm not sure to whom it was a 'disappointment', but the press has loved the Phantom and the coupe and convertible, and the sales have been high by Roller standards...

>>"I'm not sure to whom it was a 'disappointment', ..."<<

How about anyone who took a look at the interior and then learned the price ??

Anyone buying that car does not care about the price. They buy it because it is a Rolls Royce.