New Kia Forte Pictures courtesy of Autoblog!

cire

Wow! Kia actually stepped up their game in this segment. This is the first product produced by Hyundai or Kia that I would actually consider buying (as a daily driver of course). Hopefully, they don't cheap out and offer a 4 speed auto with the 2.0 liter engine. The market is rapidly moving beyond 4 speed autos and Kia shouldn't allow itself to be left behind.

I'd say this car's styling ranks up there with what I consider to be the best in the compact segment: Mazda3, Lancer, Cruze, and Astra. I hope to be able to add the next gen Focus to this list.

Edited by cire

I don't know... it is sort of hard to get an overall feel because there isn't one picture of the whole car (WTF?) and the interior is good, but not great, without NAV. It has that weird dip by the mirror like the G6, too.

Overall, I'd take the Cruize... both seem pretty bland after the A-pillar, but the Cruze's front end is better, and the spy shots of the interior look awesome.

This car makes the Corolla look like it was designed by Italians.

Hey now! Leave us out of it! Don't ever use those two words in the same sentence! :AH-HA_wink:

It's like they designed a better looking Civic.

You're joking right? This Kia has no detailing, no character, nothing to even give it one ounce of flair or to make it anything other than incredibly boring. The Civic, on the other hand, has at least 37 pieces of flair.

You're joking right? This Kia has no detailing, no character, nothing to even give it one ounce of flair or to make it anything other than incredibly boring. The Civic, on the other hand, has at least 37 pieces of flair.

Like being ungainly? The coupe is alright but I never warmed up to the sedan. It looks droopy and the cab-for design doesn't work well with it.

I don't know... it is sort of hard to get an overall feel because there isn't one picture of the whole car (WTF?) and the interior is good, but not great, without NAV. It has that weird dip by the mirror like the G6, too.

Overall, I'd take the Cruize... both seem pretty bland after the A-pillar, but the Cruze's front end is better, and the spy shots of the interior look awesome.

Here is a Motor Authority article that has some additional pictures (that were previously released) that show the entire vehicle:

undefined

Like being ungainly? The coupe is alright but I never warmed up to the sedan. It looks droopy and the cab-for design doesn't work well with it.

The Civic sedan may not be the style of car you like, the Forte certainly attempts to be more sporty looking, but the Civic has without a doubt a far better executed exterior. The design is fluid and coherent, and has aged incredibly well. If you were to sit the two cars side by side, the Kia would look hopelessly unsubstantial next to it.

The Civic does have character for sure, but style....not so much. Not for me, anyway. I think it is one of the less attractive compacts on the market. And if that bizarre interior had been put in anything other than a Toyota or a Honda, the press would have had a field day with whatever poor automaker had the balls to stick in their car. Of all the Japanese makes, I'd say Honda is my favorite next to Subaru. I even test drove a couple of Accord V6's when I was looking for a new car back in '05. The thing that bothers me though is that in Honda's attempt to figure out what "style" is, they've apparently come to the conclusion that style = ugly. It seems like the current generations of each Honda and Acura is significantly less attractive than the one before it. The last gens may not have been the epitome of style, but at least they weren't ugly.

Just my .02.

To me, it still looks like a blatent rip-off of the Civic, which I am not a big fan of. It maybe a bit better than what the Chinese have been doing and getting away with it, but I see a lot of Civic design cues here. I don't like it. Hate the interior as well.

Edited by Diehard GrandPrix Fan

A few tweaks here and there could make this car look good, although it would still be quite generic and bland.

I kind of like the little angle they got going from the bottom of the head lights inward. The head lights themselves are a pretty solid rip of the TSX. The tail lights are also a rip of the IS. I really don't like the sides. The side creases and the greenhouse really hold it back.

Oh, and the rims are pretty nice.

Thanks for posting those full pictures.

Edited by siegen