GM Recalls 2008 Buick Enclave and 2007-'08 GMC Acadia and Saturn Outlook

Having just bought one of these, I was not happy to read this. However, it is a minor little deal by the sounds of things. What pisses me off is the simple fact that GM has been building cars with windshield wipers for what - a hundred years? Why is this a problem on a new car? Reinventing the wheel did not need to happen with the wipers for any reason in my book.

And why does any recall for a big 3 automaker make front page news immediately, yet anything with Toyota - however minor, say frames rusting in half on the Tacoma - never gets any play at all in the press?

Having just bought one of these, I was not happy to read this. However, it is a minor little deal by the sounds of things. What pisses me off is the simple fact that GM has been building cars with windshield wipers for what - a hundred years? Why is this a problem on a new car? Reinventing the wheel did not need to happen with the wipers for any reason in my book.

And why does any recall for a big 3 automaker make front page news immediately, yet anything with Toyota - however minor, say frames rusting in half on the Tacoma - never gets any play at all in the press?

Because making Toyota bleed isn't part of the agenda.

RE: the recall; this is a minor inconvenience at most IMO.

So GM should be off the hook, because there is a huge media conspiracy that FORCED them to screw up something that every automaker has been doing since WWI?

Nope. and that is what I said in my statement that here we have something that GM has been putting on a car for around 100 years or so...(probably 80)...YOU WOULD THINK THEY WOULD KNOW HOW TO DO IT BY NOW!

I For one am pissed about this, as it gives fodder to the rags to bitch about GM quality again just as things were looking so much brighter. Granted, this is a minor deal, but come on! This is a proven and known technology, not like an infra-red heat seaking cup holder attachment that can also spot a hotty for you while you keep your eyes on the road. That is something I would expect to break, NOT the wipers, and not after all the testing they put the cars through.

What this means to you: If you own any of the aforementioned vehicles, better have them checked out with your dealer ASAP. — Anita Lienert, Correspondent

ASAP? It clearly states in the article that the parts will be available in October... like it's snowing in most of the states listed RIGHT NOW. Come on!! I have three friends that will be affected by this recall, but snow in southern NJ isn't in the cards until December the earliest. I guess Anita gets paid for creating chaos - imagine all of the dealers that will be inundated with phone calls within the next couple of weeks :rolleyes:

ASAP? It clearly states in the article that the parts will be available in October... like it's snowing in most of the states listed RIGHT NOW. Come on!! I have three friends that will be affected by this recall, but snow in southern NJ isn't in the cards until December the earliest. I guess Anita gets paid for creating chaos - imagine all of the dealers that will be inundated with phone calls within the next couple of weeks :rolleyes:

It's been snowing in the high country in Colorado already...(one of the states listed)..but in suburbia, no snow till October at least.

So GM should be off the hook, because there is a huge media conspiracy that FORCED them to screw up something that every automaker has been doing since WWI?

Nope, you missed my point.

GM screwed up (as does Toyota, as hard as that is to believe)

The problem is in how the screw ups are treated differently.

It's pretty much akin to corporate racism.

Edited by FUTURE_OF_GM