Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BigPontiac

Cadillac Considers a Supercharged CTS Sport Wagon

9 posts in this topic

No one will buy that. If Mercedes is selling 100 wagons, Cadillac would sell 50, why bother. Worry about getting the CTS to E-class price, getting a 3-series competitor, an S-class competitor, making the XLR relevant and competitive with the SL, getting a unibody Escalade that isn't a front drive platform share, etc.

No one will buy that. If Mercedes is selling 100 wagons, Cadillac would sell 50, why bother. Worry about getting the CTS to E-class price, getting a 3-series competitor, an S-class competitor, making the XLR relevant and competitive with the SL, getting a unibody Escalade that isn't a front drive platform share, etc.

To increase the bradn's appeal to people that buy wagons, i.e., people outside of North America.

Hmm....

This seems cool... However, a CTS-V coupe. Now THAT'S something that would make me aspire to own a Cadillac!!!

Hmm....

This seems cool... However, a CTS-V coupe. Now THAT'S something that would make me aspire to own a Cadillac!!!

+1.

Now, as much as we all have a need for speed, wouldn't it make more sense for Cadillac to offer the diesel in all of the CTSes rather than making a CTS-v wagon?

Now, as much as we all have a need for speed, wouldn't it make more sense for Cadillac to offer the diesel in all of the CTSes rather than making a CTS-v wagon?

Isn't the diesel pretty much confirmed at this point? It wouldn't make much sense to confirm it for the sedan/coupe only...

Just for Europe. We won't get it here.

Oh, I thought GM would be certifying the the 2.9L engine for the US as well... I guess potential volume is so low that it is uneconomical to certify it to US standards...

Edited by ZL-1

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0