Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

Cory needs a group guilt trip

Mr. Wolfe needs some *encouragement* :D

Me: oh...on a totally unrelated note

Me: are you registered to vote?

Me: I had that thought when someone was talking about PA being a real battleground state

Me: if you arent, you probably only have a few days left to get registered

Cory: lol, nope... course... i havent renewed my drivers license yet... or got my car inspected yet

Cory: i dont have time!

Cory: lol

Me: make time!

Me: http://www.votespa.com/RegistertoVote/tabi...US/Default.aspx

Cory: haha, ive actually visited that site

Me: you have until Oct 6:

http://www.votespa.com/RegistertoVote/Regi...US/Default.aspx

Cory: i looked into it.. but...

Me: no buts! :-P

Cory: im sure whoever wins will still win minus one vote if i dont get to it

Me: oy

Cory: haha, well, i cant print out the thing since my printer isnt working... and i dont have the time to go the place in brookville where you do that im working day shift tomorrow and sat, getting my car inspected after work tomorrow... no time

Cory: and the deadline is what... sunday?

Me: no

Me: you can do it monday

Cory: and yay, i work again

Cory: haha

Cory: though im not sure what time

Cory: didnt get a good look at next weeks sched

Me: im sure they would let you off work for a bit if you tell them why you need the time

Me: dont be the typical apathetic teenager :-P

Cory: haha, well... i really havent been following it all anyways

Me: none the less

He should be glad I dont have his cell phone number. Twice a week, I send texts to my friends reminding them to register and only remove them from my list once they've done it. My mantra: If you dont vote, you cant bitch.

Registering takes literally 5 minutes. I went to City Hall and did it a few weeks before the election when I registered. One thing to keep in mind (that I didn't know before I started working as an election judge) is that some places aren't prudent when it comes to turning the paperwork in. License bureaus around here are apparently really bad about not bringing them to the County Clerk before the deadline.

Edited by Satty

I don't need the guilt trip, as I've been registered since April. :smilewide:

I find it very disappointing, however, that I harbor a great dislike for not just one of the candidates, but both of them. Usually when I discuss politics, I indirectly quote Lewis Black to sum up how I feel about voting this year: when I walk into the polls this November, I'll basically be choosing between which pile of $h! smells better (which is a good summary of the 2000 and 2004 elections as well).

He should be glad I dont have his cell phone number. Twice a week, I send texts to my friends reminding them to register and only remove them from my list once they've done it. My mantra: If you dont vote, you cant bitch.

Registering takes literally 5 minutes. I went to City Hall and did it a few weeks before the election when I registered. One thing to keep in mind (that I didn't know before I started working as an election judge) is that some places aren't prudent when it comes to turning the paperwork in. License bureaus around here are apparently really bad about not bringing them to the County Clerk before the deadline.

Well you could constantly PM him. :D

Mr. Wolfe needs some *encouragement*

Thanks, buddy. :P

The Commonwealth has a website, too, for online registering. This "no time" argument is a bunch of bologna!

The only online registering I found for PA was one that you printed and mailed in.

Actually, unless he opted out when he got his driver's license, he should be automatically registered to vote. We have motor voter laws here.

Interesting... Never heard of this and don't remember hearing anything about it when I got my license.