Text message explosion and addiction

As of July 1, one can no longer speak on a hand-held phone while driving here. Hooray. Most of my near misses were with some moron who was yacking away on a cell phone and having to make some key maneuvers at the same time. Some still yack, taking the risk they won't get caught and ticketed.

Now, it's the text messagers. First, what pleasure does someone get from text messaging? All these tiny keys that are too small for most people's fingers. Why not just leave a voice mail? I might see it if you're in a business meeting and need to send/receive something, but that's about it. For all others, leave an 'effin voice mail.

Now, these text messagers are sitting there doing it while at intersections and while on the freeway. On a few occasions, I have flipped them off.

Are we that 'effin compulsive as a society that we have to keep yappin' or texting while driving a vehicle? Does it bother you too?

technology has given us lots more free time...and then filled that gap with more crap we can/must do...

i do it seldomly, but only when i'm not really do anything else.

I find it more annoying when people are in class and can't stay off the phone for more than a minute at a time.

I guess I'm wondering what's so damn important that people are constantly talking/texting.

I work on important stuff, try to stay off the phone and don't text. I can't stand sitting in meetings and that's what participants do. They're not even focused on the meeting. God knows these same people aren't focused on driving their cars safely.

As of July 1, one can no longer speak on a hand-held phone while driving here. Hooray. Most of my near misses were with some moron who was yacking away on a cell phone and having to make some key maneuvers at the same time. Some still yack, taking the risk they won't get caught and ticketed.

Now, it's the text messagers. First, what pleasure does someone get from text messaging? All these tiny keys that are too small for most people's fingers. Why not just leave a voice mail? I might see it if you're in a business meeting and need to send/receive something, but that's about it. For all others, leave an 'effin voice mail.

Now, these text messagers are sitting there doing it while at intersections and while on the freeway. On a few occasions, I have flipped them off.

Are we that 'effin compulsive as a society that we have to keep yappin' or texting while driving a vehicle? Does it bother you too?

mr-stink-eye.jpg

Edited by wpbharry

:lol: HARRY! Where you been, you old pervert?:)

Seems to me more like a pissy guy with an axe to grind and I'd make it a multiple choice with about 3 choices...and the first 2 don't count!

Edited by trinacriabob

Seems to me more like a pissy guy with an axe to grind and I'd make it a multiple choice with about 3 choices...and the first 2 don't count!

pot-kettle-black.jpg

:lol: :lol: Oh sweetie, sometimes I wonder if you know how ironic you are! :lol: :lol:

Edited by wpbharry

MODS:

Go ahead and lock this thread.

Its purpose was to see how people felt about excessive text messaging from cars, and even in the office, now that handhelds have been banned while driving in many states.

THANK YOU.

I send maybe 10 texts a month, and usually the only time I text is when I'm in a bar or somewhere loud where they wouldn't be able to hear me, or I have a question that's not really urgent and don't want to bug them with a call.

I think the thing that gets on my nerves the most is when you're having a conversation with someone, then their phone beeps and they start texting away and just leave you hanging on your words. I've noticed it affects girls more than guys. And then there are the people that show up to a party or something and just spend the whole time standing against a wall texting people that aren't there. Why even bother coming?