Share your stock tips!

I'm starting to see some amazingly good deals out there. I haven't been in the stock market for a few years now. The last time I bought in was the bottom of the market crash just after 9-11. I took just a few hundred dollars and was able to turn it into a substantial down payment for my CTS.

Highest on my list is CBRE At 70 cents a share, they seem like a great deal. They pay a dividend, they're small cap, and they have a tremendous upside once the real estate market returns.

Both Ford and GM are bargains right now. If you have little disposable income like myself, they're good buys.

I've also been watching GE. It's pricier (21.50) but they have a pretty substantial investment in alternative energy and many analysts are saying good things about their future.

Another great company is Baxter International (BAX). They're about $50 a share, but my firm is contracted with a ton of projects for this company and they are growing extremely fast. I'd love to buy some, but it's out of my price range right now.

Invest in Ziploc...Bags to store your cash in so it doesn't get dirty when you bury it in the back yard.

:rotflmao:

Exactly what I was thinking.

I agree that there are some screaming deals available, but the volitility is scary; makes for predicting a progressive linear return very difficult. What's going to emerge on the other side is very likely going to be very different as far as the big movers go. I made a good chunk off of Apple, but I feel discretionaries like Apple may lag behind a general upturn for a good span of time.

I sold off what was in the black, but the ones I'm sitting on are deep in the red. I was planning on re-assessing this weekend, liquidating at a loss to free up the cash, taking the write off, and getting set to plunge back in soon. This is 'ground floor' beyond what anyone could hope for. One I was invested in was MASI (blood screening tech), which had an amazing ability to move counter to most DJA downturns.

Invest in Ziploc...Bags to store your cash in so it doesn't get dirty when you bury it in the back yard.

There's some truth t that.

I agree that there are some screaming deals available, but the volitility is scary; makes for predicting a progressive linear return very difficult. What's going to emerge on the other side is very likely going to be very different as far as the big movers go. I made a good chunk off of Apple, but I feel discretionaries like Apple may lag behind a general upturn for a good span of time.

I sold off what was in the black, but the ones I'm sitting on are deep in the red. I was planning on re-assessing this weekend, liquidating at a loss to free up the cash, taking the write off, and getting set to plunge back in soon. This is 'ground floor' beyond what anyone could hope for. One I was invested in was MASI (blood screening tech), which had an amazing ability to move counter to most DJA downturns.

I moved my 401k into Treasury Bills and Bonds, most of my cash has been converted to Euros. I let my stocks that I own that are not tied to my 401k ride as they are, I am confident they will recover, but oh boy what a ride it's been. It makes one feel alive to say the least. :smilewide: