Edmunds Review of the Opel Insignia

cire

the main thing here is that

a-the press will grill GM for not having here in any way in the US, reagrdless of its financially doable

b-the current sitauation GM is in pretty much dooms this car having a chance to come here

c-this car will likely be used as an example by punks all over (many of them barely old enough to drive or ever have made their own rent payments) of why GM sucks

we're really in a time that GM loses either way, past inadequacies or current excellence misapplied. i tend to think the press will just pile on here and keep using this as an example to shut down the entire auto industry here and give it to toyota.

If Pontiac is to remain a mix of FWD/RWD, then this should be the next G6 sedan, with the coupe companion we saw as a concept. The new LaCrosse certainly looks totally different... a good thing since it would share a showroom.

If Pontiac is to remain a mix of FWD/RWD, then this should be the next G6 sedan, with the coupe companion we saw as a concept. The new LaCrosse certainly looks totally different... a good thing since it would share a showroom.

Reading that a doubt cam up in my mind re that LaCrosse mule wearing Swedish plates... it was the same length as an Insignia (give or take a cople of cm) as per the Swedish registration sheet that leaked...

So will the LaCrosse be longer than the Insignia or the same size/wb? Or was that car wearing LaCrosse sheetmetal but testing stuff for the 9-5?.....

Brought here as a Saturn, it will rot on the lots.

i think the interior would be fine as a saturn. i think the exterior is too roundish for a saturn. it would be a much better buick.

I'd rather see the alpha pontiac based on the holden torana whatever it was (show car) be the next g6. that is sweet and more chiseled as the pontiac should be. the aura as it is now, as far as exterior, reshaped for the next gen would be fine.

yeah although you are right. i think the pundits are making the next g6 fwd based. Maybe the alpha spawns the next G8?

this is really an awesome car. the combo of great rounded surfacing and the fascia treatment are really classy. this would make a great new Pontiac G6, something fitting the pricey upscale mantra Pontiac should have. no it's not extroverted like other past Pontiacs, but it follows the stylish athletic tradition set by the G8. it would work as a Buick of course, but there's something just slightly maniacal and fun-loving about the expression on the front end that says kid brother Pontiac to me.

Whatever it is, GM looks stupid again for not getting on the global program with this car sooner. The plants are switching over with the new Lacrosse anyway, it's yet another move at a time when cars are needed showing just how inept the GM management is.

the 2.0T would make a great mass market upgrade. the 2.2 DI would be a perfect base engine, still giving the Insignia/G6 the performance characteristic embodied in its profile. this car is great, yet here we are at the juncture with GM yet again where its most important market, where it does the most volume and revenue, still has to wait for another great product.

As much as I WHOLEHEARTEDLY agree with you and stressed that many times that the hatch would be a perfect fit and will not capitalize Malibu sales, I'm waiting for the PCS comment about how GMNA other than Saturn isn't getting GME products.

Edited by ToniCipriani