Attn Balthazar and 68

Camino LS6

Check out the awesome patina on that angry beast. :wub:

That's a lot of pidgeon sh!t...

The Lancia is actually sort of cute, reminds me of a same year American from the front. I have issues with that MoPar-esque B-pillar, tho- lot of balancing tension there. I'd rather have a slammed American.

Hmmm, Englewood is maybe an hour from me. I guess an inquiry into the B-59's situation is in order.

EDIT : question sent....

Edited by balthazar

Curious about that B-59. thought about you guys, I went to look at an Iroc camaro yesterday at a storage building. They had two 59 caddy ragtops, two 60 caddy ragtops, a 59 El-camino, and a 59 Chevy Sedan Delivery.

Needless to say, you guys were the first people I thought of when I saw those cars.

Keep us posted, balthazar.

Chris

At Bob McDorman Chevrolet here in Columbus, there is a big Corvette show the first weekend in September every year.

He has a 59 El-Camino with a 348 Tri-power that is just pristine, as well as one of the largest collections of old Neon and old vintage gas station signs this side of the Mississippi.

I had a chance to buy a 59 El-Camino once, it was black with a blue interior and a really nice warmed over 350. An older preacher had it up in Medina, Ohio. He had taken really good care of it and was getting ready to retire, IIRC. That was back when I had both the 55 Chevy and the 71 Chevelle and I had no more room in the garage.

Believe me, I see the attraction.

Chris

I can't blame you. If they ever come off of that 59 I'll PM you.

Chris

Thanks!

I remember the sedan deliveries still running around when I was very small. They were already quite old, but I loved them instantly.

Finding even one these days is almost unheard of.

And the '59 is flat out the coolest of them all.

This one seemed to be pretty well preserved and had almost no rust. Like I said, it seemed to be part of a much larger collection of late 50's cars that were not for sale at the time. I almost wonder if they are part of an estate and going through probate or something.

The whole bunch of cars is at U-Store and Sell on Fisher Road (at Fisher and Wilson) on the west side here in Columbus.

Chris

There was a '60 SD at an auction this summer, all there but hurt. Very seldom seen. Not sure if it was saved, but I believe so.

I'd surely love to own a '60 CdV some day- luv those lines...

at the cherokee rod run there was a 60 pontiac with a 4sp factory 389 tri power that needed a total resto but ws running. $35,000 wsa the asking price.

Guy called back- he has about 10 projects going currently. The Buicks for sale soon are a '58 Limited 4-dr, '62 Chrysler, '57 Chrysler... and he has 2 B-59 coupes, an Invicta and an Electra with full power. All these cars are restoration candidates. He's going to resto the Electra, but the 'victa is suppoised to go up on eBay in the 1st or 2nd week of Dec. Says he's likely going to start the bidding @ $2500. He's also going to check the 'victa out tomm, I think he's going to call me back... tho I cannot say I was a 'fish on the hook' (I am NOT in the market for anything other than an absolute screaming deal).

I've bookmarked his Lancia- I'll post if/when any real steel hits eBay from his stable, esp the B-59.

Ditto. Not really in a position to buy and restore a project car right now but...

I'd love to own another 50's car. This time something a little bit less mainstream than the 57 chevy and 55 Chevy I used to own.

Chris

He had a very heavy accent on the phone, India-n-esque. I had to close my eyes (shut down one sense) to try and understand him, I'm decent at that task, yet still lost 30% of what he said. Wierd, because he said his name was 'Bruno' - guess that was a nickname for something with 29 letters starting with 'Bru'...

From the pics- yea; the car is a good starting point, but it would cost a bit to do it up to even presentable. Almost zero in the way of repro parts for B-59s, naturally. If it was an Electra with A/C, we'd be talking another story...

Wow.... if I only had a garage/time/$

I hope to trade up to an Invicta hardtop but there's NOTHING wrong with a 364. :P

I love the interior on that car also....really miss the two tone interior from my 55 Chevy. The one B-59I have seen in the flesh had a two tone blue interior, which looked really good also.

Chris