Another RANT from The O.C...

The O.C.

So.....we've been allocated 10 CTS-V sedans since ordering began.

The first three I ordered loaded....specifically with the Recaro seat package.

Since the first three, the Recaro seat package has been on hold.......

So, 7 out of my 10 CTS-V sedans are equipped with standard CTS leather seats, and no alcantara steering wheel/shifter.

To be honest....I have no idea of why the Recaro seat package has been on hold.....GM reps are surprisingly "mum" on the matter. I don't give a f*ck for the reason. Supply? Who knows....but for GM not to have planned ahead to provide adequate supply for what is seen as a "must have" on a vehicle of this caliber is just unacceptable.

I guess what it gets down to is......manufacturers like BMW (M-Series), Mercedes-Benz (AMG models), Audi (RS models) don't seem to have a problem equipping their top performance sedans the way customers want them to be equipped.....

This is just another example of General Motors' severe ineptitude when it comes to meeting the market head-on.....

Part of the modern "just in time delivery" building process they use to build cars.

Things would irony of irony been much easier in say 1949, when you ordered what you need before you needed it. I run into the same thing in my line of work...they will send out 4 guys to run conduit and pull wire, and then the conduit and wire doesn't get there until hours or days later. And then there is the inevitable question "why aren't you done yet?"

The writer of Dilbert is an optomist when it comes to corporate/buisiness behavior, IMHO.

Chris

Perhaps given the financial climate they were playing it safe, as the supplier probably wanted a firm commitment before making the seats.

Someones head would have rolled at the assembly plant if GM had spent a bunch of money on seats they couldn't sell.

Chris

• 3 weeks later...
I see there are CTS-V Series cars on e-bay now, and some of them have the Recaro Seat option. Does anyone know what colors the Recaro seats are offered in?

Ebony and Titanium Grey.

Our first few cars have Recaros too.....but they were put on restriction after that. Everything else has standard CTS seats (excuse me...standard seats with suede inserts.)