One good thing about Detroit Three Going Under

Z-06

ate slept and bled nascar... until about 6 years ago, now its just a shadow of itself and what it represented. i'd say truthfully its last hoorah was the late 80's to mid 90's

I would agree.

Nascar in some ways just needs to go away...it has become more of a soap opra for men then actual interesting racing.

That and you watch about 3 laps for every 8 ad breaks...

Don't forget about Honda.... (See my post in the Honda F1 thread)

And you'd better believe Nissan will be in there when $$$ improves.

Besides, everyone knows that 60-70% of the Toyota engine is base on Chevrolet engines anyway (That came out when Toyota entered the truck series)

Naturally, they're aisna, so they steal other comapnies innovations, put lipstick on a pig, and are reveled far and wide for being such TECHNICAL INNOVATORS!!!!!!!!1111!!!!

There needs to be a new trans-am series for real cars that are RWD in real life, like Camaros and Stangs and Challengers. Let's see Toyota try and compete in that.

Go to an SCCA event and watch A-Sedan, or to a NASA event and watch Camaro-Mustang Challenge, or American Iron.

Best part is if you pay a years dues (SCCA is about $75 for an individual, or $100 for a family for a year) you get into unlimited races free for the year.

Or, do as I did and work as a corner worker. You get up close to the action, and they feed you at the track to boot.

It's about a billion times more fun than Nascar.

Oh, and you might meet John Heinricy..he races a blue Firebird in A-Sedan.

Chris

There needs to be a new trans-am series for real cars that are RWD in real life, like Camaros and Stangs and Challengers. Let's see Toyota try and compete in that.

I would love to watch that sort of racing.

As a wise poster said years ago:

"NASCAR = Putting Skittles in a toilet and flushing"

Wasn't that way at one time, but it is now. Insanely boring.

The trouble with SCCA racing is the rule book is about 3 feet thick and contains more bull$h! than a libertarian. NASA is a better bet since it's newer and doesn't have the politics of SCCA.

+1 on both counts. And make those God Darn oval tracks into curvaceous racetracks with real curves.